9 Dec 2021

HODGEPODGE DECEMBER 9

1. 'Tis the season to be jolly....so are you? 

No I am not jolly at all, it's rather the opposite ! How can I be enjoying the season when my husband is so sick and without any hope to get better, I don't even know where and if we can celebrate Christmas. 

2. Do you trim a tree this time of year, and if so is yours all done? What's something in your home-closet-life that needs to be trimmed in the new year? 

Trim a tree ? Never done ! We buy it in a specialized shop or in a garden cente. But when we had four cats a real tree was too attractive to them to climb inside and play with the balls. We bought a big fake tree and witht he decoration nobody sees that it is a fake ! 


3. Are you 'dreaming of a white Christmas'? Is that a possibility where you'll be celebrating? According to this site the top ten places in the US you can count on for a white Christmas are- North Pole Alaska, Crater Lake Oregon, Yellowstone National Park, Winthrop Washington, Aspen Colorado, Ketchum Idaho, Mt. Washington New Hampshire, Whitefish Montana, Duluth Minnesota, and the Lake Tahoe town of Truckee California Of the snowy spots listed which would you most like to visit? 

None !  Too far for me we have excellent snowy spots here in Europe too, in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, and of course the Northern countries too ! Anyway I don't like snow only on pictures and we never liked winter sports either ! I love warm and sunny countries ! We went once to Italy for "Snow" holidays, but it was really not our cup of tea ! We prefer Italy in summer. We have been visiting the States you mention in summer except North Pole Alaska, Crater Lake Oregon and Ketchum Idaho.

4. December 8th is National Brownie Day...will you be celebrating? How do you like your brownies-chewy or cake-like, frosted or plain, nuts or no nuts, a piece from the middle or give me the corner? As a child were you a member of a brownie troop? 

I was already an adult when I ate my first Brownie in the UK. The classical one, or with chocolate but I don't know a brownie troop. I eat Brownies the whole  year. 

5. Share a favorite line or two from a Christmas carol or holiday tune. 

My whole childhood I had to listen to "silent night" because in Germany Christmas is rather sober and serious, so when I learned the English way to celebrate Christmas I changed completely and my favorite Christmas song is "Rocking around the Christmas Tree"  

 


 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

At the moment I prefer to bury my head in the sand and try not to think about anything.  

 

 

5 comments:

  1. ..'snow only on pictures.." - me too. I like warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snow and have done for a long time. Not for driving in, but walks or sledding in mainly. And how could I not know about Brownie day? I might try to make some as I have people coming over. Unless it is too hard on the hand, in which case they can have a dry biscuit!

    Sorry to hear you are so down however. It must be so strange to be on your own and not know anything. Fingers crossed you get to spend Christmas with your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most Christmases here are white.

    I don't do well with Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear you've not been feeling well and things are difficult with Rick. This time of year seems to make things feel worse when they're not good and everyone else is being jolly and celebrating. I hope you feel better soon so that coping with everything won't feel quite so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow is pretty, but it sure can cause troubles...not to mention that its cold! If it would stay off the roads and sidewalks...ya, as if!

    Sorry you feel so down in the dumps this year. It must be truly hard for you, and my heart breaks just thinking of all you are dealing with. I pray God will grant you the strength you need, both for yourself and Rick, and your whole family.

    Sending tight loving hugs to you. ((((( ♥ )))))

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !