2 Dec 2021

HODGEPODGE DECEMBER 1

1. When it comes to gift giving are you more of a 'create something from scratch' or a 'buy something in a shop' kind of giver? Tell about a favorite homemade gift you've given or one you've received. 

First I ask what the person wants and I don't buy anything without asking before. I used to offer little fashion jewelery to my DIL and wondered why I never saw them on her until one day she told me that she doesn't like jewelery at all, that she would prefer a book ! So it is very important to know what your family members wants ! Self made gifts that wouldn't even come into my mind, except maybe a painting from me. I can't remember that I ever received a homemade gift since I am adult, when I was a child I got self knitted pullovers which scratched terribly !

2. Do you have the 'gift of gab'? Is that a blessing or a curse? 

That depends I have no problems to talk to all people and once a  man told me that I had certainly been a party girl which in some way is true. Usually when I enter somewhere I am always noticed even if I don't want to be noticed. It started already at high school. Before I was a rather calm and shy child always with my nose in a book.

3. What's something you have going on that you need/want to 'wrap up' this month? 

Nothing, this year Christmas celebration is very unsure. Rick doesn't get better, he almost sleeps all the time. I doubt very much to be able to take him home at Christmas. I haven't even thought about gifts or asked what they want. My grandson safes money for a computer game and wants an envelope. I try to forget the times when there were countless colorful parcels under the tree. 

4. A food you love that is 'wrapped' in some way? 

I like above all the "Wraps" which you can buy almost everywhere !  


or eat in a restaurant. Each time I travel I buy two for lunch in the train or airplane.
 
5. December is upon us...share something here (quote, verse, poem, song lyric, your own thoughts) related to the word hope. 
 
I like this one
 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I wonder how long this Virus life will last. Christmas is approaching I rather avoid to think !

 

 Fortunately I have her ! 



4 comments:

  1. I like your quote about hope!

    And those wraps look delicious. You're right -- wraps are always a good choice, even in airport food. I had breakfast but those photos of wraps are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Christmas time can have its downfalls as well. Its better to just focus on the WHY of this time of the year instead.

    We have that little envelope thing going on here, too...I mostly stick them onto something food or drinkwise that they like. (You know; beer, or stollen, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a talker. On days when I'm not working, I might not say more than thirty words all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wraps too. I tend to be a talker.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !