4 Nov 2021

HODGEPODGE NOVEMBER 4

1. Three things you're grateful for this first week of November? 

This week ? There was really nothing to be grateful for ! Rain and storm, husband sick, me full of worries, I am in a dark tunnel and wait for the light at the end !

2. Is Daylight Savings Time a thing where you live? Do you think we should continue setting the clocks forward and back? Why or why not? If you could add an extra hour to your day would you want it added morning-noon-night? Do you think it likely you'd be more productive or more likely that you'd just waste more time? 

I find the whole thing ridiculous at least in my case ! I am not a farmer and have to get up at 6 to milk the cows in daylight and sitting in the living room in the dark because between 4 and 5 pm it's dark or getting dark and I have to switch on the light. Where is the saving ? Some people leave their houses in the dark and come back in the dark and use more electricity ! Since years now the politicians discuss to stop this daylight saving (???) but so far it hasn't happened here at least ! I would prefer to have one hour more daylight in the evening ! And I suppose that people who still work also prefer evenings and not mornings !

Fortunately cat Rosie doesn't care anyway she eats and sleeps the whole day and only plays during the night. One hour doesn't bother me at all I don't even realize.

3. Who is your favorite author? Your favorite book by your favorite author? 

I really don't have a favorite author, I mean I have one for a while and read book after book, and then it's another one really I can't say who is my favorite. I like Stephen King, but I also like Danielle Steel.

4. It's National Sandwich Day...will you celebrate? How often do you eat a sandwich? What's your favorite? 

I don't know if it is a sandwich I eat for lunch,, it's one, two or three toasts with cheese, always different and slices of tomatoes or cucumbers.

5. Have you started your Christmas shopping? If so when did you start? If not when will you start? Do you give more or fewer gifts than you did five years ago? 

5. years ago the world was still all right, I had already bought a few presents, and we, our son, wife and our grandson, celebrated Christmas together. This year I have no idea how we're going to celebrate Christmas or whether we're going to celebrate Christmas at all. It all depends on Mr. G's health and how his Parkinson's progresses.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I have no special thought, I only hope that when I bring Mr. G. laundry to the retirement home, I will get no bad news.

 

 

5 comments:

  1. You've been through a lot in the past couple of years, from moving, Covid and Mr G. But you keep on going and I admire you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me, Christmas presents. I saw the first houses being lit up here already and it is only early November!
    I think I might get a present for my sister, but that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you good news about Mr.G's condition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure hope your next trip to see Mr G will be more positive and happy than the previous one.

    I hate changing the clocks every 6 months...and I agree with you, its not as if we are farmers, there are now all kinds of modern conveniences to help those that do have farms...so why make all the city peeps suffer...darkness often brings with it depression feelings...let there be light is far better.

    We sure hope there will be a lovely Christmas this year...last year was such a bummer! I shall have to start early with getting out some decor, since when I work, nothing much else gets done...LOL!

    Rosie, you have the right idea! Sleep all the cares away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your week turned out better and your hubby is feeling well again. I'm not a fan of daylight savings. My hubby leaves for work in the dark and comes home in the dark. That is always so hard.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !