15 Oct 2021

FRIDAY's FAVORITE FIVE

 I started the week by turning around or rather sitting on the sofa I wasn't feeling well after this weekend where Mr. G  was in such a bad shape that I wonder if he can go out again and come home.

Fortunately we had our scrabble the next day we were only three from the two others one was on holidays and the other didn't show up without any explanations and when I called her several times she didn't answer. Strange behaviour. But as I am not in my shoes either I think it is the upcoming fall and also the post Covid reactions. People are not as before. On top now you have to show your vaccination pass when you want to go out in restaurants and bars not sure about cinemas. For me personally it doesn't bother me to show the "safety ticket" on my phone, but people think it takes their liberty. 

I had to do a work which I hate and that's why I always think I will do it tomorrow. I had to go through all papers and found out that files were missing probably thrown away by mistake during the move, or it was Mr. G starting the Parkinson. I found a terrible mess and before I got a nervous breakdown, I called the bank for an appointment, now even if you have a stupid question you have to take an appointment. My problem was I couldn't find Mr. G's passwords and of course he can't remember anything and I have no access to the online banking. I pity the people who can't handle a computer !! This done I had enough and went to Adeline next door, she is the right person to cheer me up with her motherly, cheerful character, suddenly I felt much better and we had a nice afternoon, she was alone too this day. I am really blessed that I have such a nice neighbor and not an old grumpy one ! So far all people I have met in this building are very nice and friendly.

The weather has cooled down and all people have to switch on their heating, except Adeline and I our apartments are so warm that even with 6°C we didn't need any heating. Good for us because the gaz and electricity price has increased terribly and people in financial difficulties get help from the government. 

Of course I have visited Mr. G too as I do every second day, but he was confused and not feeling well so I didn't stay long, I just asked the manager for more help for him because his health had declined. But with Parkinson disease you never know it's like a roller coaster which is difficult to handle.

My friend Nicole who has brain cancer started a new chimeo therapy and isn't feeling well either, but she is fighting ! 

Outside the trees started to change colors and probably next week will start to loose their leaves. It's the season I hate the most and apparently not only me because it was said in the news that the clinics are full with people suffering from depression.

 Fall or not fall Rosie is only interested in food !




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

12 comments:

  1. It is all very well for people to complain their liberty is taken by having show their vax tick. How about my liberty to not be Covid infected by fools?

    It must be difficult to understand finances if you haven't had any control over them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about Mr. G. not doing well. And financial things are such a pain, especially when you need to talk with someone official. Glad you got it all worked out and had a kind neighbor to visit afterwards.

    I love fall because it's not too hot or cold like summer and winter--plus all the pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for tackling the financial issues. You can keep putting it off but in the end you know you have to get it sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your Mr.G gets better soon.
    Fall, with all its superb colors, brings a lot of depression to people.
    Now, they're also scared of the approaching winter which might prove to be a 5th covid wave (we are at the end of the 4th, so they say). The virus is just laughing at us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have no problem with having a vaccine "passport" if it keeps me and others safe. It must be very difficult sorting out all your affairs when Mr G cannot help. I hope the bank were helpful. Sorry to hear Nicole is having more chemo but glad you have such a good neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it would be so hard to not have passwords. We try to keep ours updated and tell each other. But what would happen if we forgot to do that??
    I know it is being hard with Mr. G. having Parkinson's. I do hope he starts to improve some and feels better.
    Hurray for having a wonderful neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry about all the people who suffers from depression.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your good neighbour was able to cheer you up.You sure do have a lot of things to deal with with financial things and MrG.

    Depression is real, and when the sunshine leaves for more southern climes, it seem to get a lot worse.

    We need to have vaccine 'tickets' too for some places.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are having a bad time at the moment. I hope it passes soon. Getting old is not easy. Sorry to hear Mr G is in a bad way too. I hope he gets treatment at the home.I'm so glad that you have found a friendly neighbour. It sure does help. Sending you hugs and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have to show vacinne passes here too for restaurants, events, cinemas, anywhere where there would be a crowd but in Alberta they have left it up to each restaurant if they want to participate in that. Some have taken the option of doing takeout only so they don't have to ask for passes. Paperwork always stresses me out especially when stuff is missing or misplaced. Thankful we can call on people like bankers to give us a hand with all that. Sorry Mr. G. is has taken a turn down. Praying he improves. And so glad you have good friends and neighbors who can support you during this time! Saying a prayer for your friend Nicole, too!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !