1. July 5th is National Hawaii Day...have you ever been to Hawaii? Any desire to visit or make a return trip? Pineapple, mango, or guava...what's your pleasure?
No, I have never been to Hawaii, and now it doesn't interest me anymore, there are more intresting places in the world to visit.. But I love pineapples and mango !
2. Last time you were 'thrown in at the deep end'? Explain.
Not last time, but actually I have to find a retirement home for Mr. G. I have no idea how that works, I just call and will see. I was just thrown in the deep end !
3. Sun, sea, sand, salt...your favorite when it comes to summer?
Of course I love the sea especially the red sea in Egypt where I usually go each year in November because in July it's too hot. The sea is so blue and the sand soft (and hot) and the water is so salty that you don't have to swim if you are lazy. Just lay on the water, the salt helps to carry you !
4. Bury your head in the sand, the sands of time, draw a line in the sand, pound sand, shifting sands...pick one and tell us how the phrase currently relates to your life in some way.
That's not in my character at all to bury my head in the sand ! If there is a problem I will try immediately to solve it, even if it is very difficult. I think that burying your head in the sand and pretend nnothing happens is just cowardly.
5. On a scale of 1-10 (1 = make your own rules and 10=like a warden, how strict were your parents ? wIf you are a parent where on the scale do you land ?
I would say one and even that is too much. I educated myself I suppose. I was a rather shy child. Later it changed, but I was more strict with me then my parents. As long as I was sitting at the breakfast table at 9 am it was OK even if I had come home at 4 am ! I didn't need to ask when I had to come home, I came home when I had enough. At 18 my father declared that I am now responsible for myself. And I was ! I didn't need to leave my parents and get married at 18 because they were too strict. I stayed until 24 and decided myself that now it's enough I move out. With my son it was a little different, there I had to tell him when he had to be at home.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I wonder if summer will ever arrive ! Since it officially started it rains, storms and is cold which keeps my mood and energy on a very low level. We have school holidays in Belgium but not many people travelled abroad and rather stayed here in our mini country. I live every day the same and am rather fed up !