5 Jul 2021

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND JULY 3

 



Corona lockdown siesta !


Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

 

WEEKEND

Saturday I had to get up as usual for Maria to open the door. It was 7 far too early to do anything else then drink my coffee and watch the news to know who had won the Euro football game, because it was Belgium against Italy. As the whole country was dressed as red devils (the name of the Belgium club) and flags hanging out everywhere (on National day you have to take a magnifier to see one)  I thought I have at least to know who won otherwise people would think that I am not normal. Italy won and that was good News. Unfortunately Mr. G. didn't get it. 

Then the phone rang and I knew that Maria wouldn't come, now it was 8 am and she told me she was sick. OK for me I thought, I am sick too or rather very tired, I watched a documentary about Diana and then her Statue ! In my opinion the Queen had to put up the statue just after her tragic death, after all it's thanks to her that the royals became humans and suddenly discovered that there were  people in the country ! 

I had been in London just 3 days after the funeral and had seen the whole Kensington park covered with flowers and toys, people crying or being very angry at the Queen.  

While I had lunch a terrible thunderstorm started and I thought the glass in the windows would break. 

In the afternoon I had to pick up 4 chairs. I had put an advertising on a site only for selling or buying things, or offer services. 

 

The 4 chairs were so beautiful that I couldn't believe that the young lady didn't want anything for them ! They looked like new and I didn't use the covers, like the chair behind. On top she loaded them all in her car followed me home and carried them into the building where I helped her to put them in the elevator and thought fortunately there are many very kind and helpful people around. It raised my mood again. 

I quickly said hello to Myriam who had worked on her terrace filling in with concrete the joints from where armies of ants crawled out ! I don't even know how to prepare concrete !

Sunday was a terrible day ! When I had my coffee it was quite dark and the air was heavy. Suddenly a storm came up and managed to blow down my two umbrellas ! And they are quite  heavy ! I can't lift them up !

And with that it didn't rain but it was as if all people in heaven (if there are any) were throwing buckets of water on our part of Belgium ! 

I had to drive the 20 km to visit Mr. G. and hoped that the rain would stop a bit and fortunately it did ! But it was awful to drive the streets were so covered with water and the cars in front of me acted as showers and washed my car.  I arrived a little late but I arrived. 

Mr. G. was a little more interested in things and tried to watch his Formular 1. I picked up such romantic things like dirty laundry and invoices and returned home. Meanwhile the rain had stopped and the sun came out, I wonder for how long.

We have got the travel brochure for seniors, and were all delighted. It's always very well organized, very interesting or beautiful places.  These are one day excursions by bus, which is very interesting for me because for the moment I couldn't travel farer, but it's always fun in the bus and that's all I need to keep my glass half full and not half empty ! 

 



9 comments:

  1. It must be hard to keep your spirits up with Mr G still in hospital/rehab. Having something to look forward to and I hope you manage to book a couple of the senior day trips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy short local trips since we can't travel overseas. My partner does not enjoy them as much but for the last couple the weather has not been great.

    I was a little concerned that you may be offering services on a website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Mr.G. Sending hugs your way.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have those senior day trips here. Gramma used to go on them a lot and really enjoyed them. Now she doesn't have the stamina anymore but you should give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww on that cute kitty. All comfy between your legs. So precious.

    I hope you get to go on your day trip. It's fun to go on the bus and leave the driving to someone else.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chairs! We're sending purrs and pawsitives for Mr. G. Keep strong and stay joyful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow- that was quite a storm! Hope Mr G gets out of the hospital soon. I hope you get to take a few of the senior day trips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I envy how utterly relaxed that cat is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your weather looks lot different than ours
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !