15 Jul 2021

HODGEPODGE JULY 15

1. Tell us about one small blessing you have counted in the past week? 

I don't know if it was a blessing, but at least I had a lot of luck ! I found a wonderful retirement home for Mr. G. without looking for long, it was the first one I visited and I fell in love ! Thursday he will move in ! 


 
2. Bastille Day is celebrated on July 14th...have you ever been to France? Any desire to visit there, and if so what would site or city would you most want to see? (pretend for a minute international travel isn't an issue)

France and a part of Belgium speak the same language and are very close in their way of life, except for the "French" fries which are a Belgian invention. France is not my favorite country for spending holdidays. But I have friends there whom I love to visit. I have no favorite city to see and certainly not Paris, from this city I have enough. 

3. A food associated with France that you love?  

 Onion soup

There is no difference between the Belgian or French kitchen, there are local specialities en both countries. I love the "soupe à l'ognion", especially when it is very cold, it warms you up !!

4. Something you recently purchased where a coupon was involved? Do you regularly shop with coupons? 

I never pay attention to coupons or points or whatever, it exists, but not so much, anyway most of the people I know do like I do, they don't use it.

5. You have to give something away this week...what will it be? 

I have to give away a shelf, a laundry basket, a chair, a desk, and a Television, to complete the furniture in Mr. G.'s new room.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I think that in a few days all my practical troubles will be over, like packing, and moving Mr. G. in his new home. He doesn't really realize and the first month I am not allowed to take him home, but I can visit him as much as I want. That will be strange to have my own husband as visitor ! But there was no other solution with this &é"€^$ Parkinson.

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Sorry about your husband's condition. It seems, however, you've got him a very decent place to stay.
    It's sad that he became so ill, close to your move to a new appartment, a new beginning, for both of you. Life does give us surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of weight is being lifted off your shoulders now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found him a nice place to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you that you have been able to find a place for Mr G that you love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That onion soup looks good! I am sorry your husband has Parkinsons. My mom passed from Alzheimer's. Another horrible disease. Nice that you got a place for your husband. Care facilities here are so expensive!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !