12 Jul 2021

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND 10

 
What's that ????
In tha park with the storks, there were also many turtles ! I like turtles, they are real Ferraris and they also like red ! Pay attention to your toe nails ! 

******
 
On Saturday we had an appointment with the female Director of a retirement home. My son came from Amsterdam, my nurse neighbor Isabelle who had arranged everything for me came too and together we went to visit the rooms and the inside of the nursery. and of course also the outside and the surroundings. 
 

It's a small one only 75 rooms. Each room has shower and WC, it's 20m2 big and nicely furnished, but you also can bring your own furniture. So now I can relax, once he is there the worst is over

In the evening Dario for once slept at home and we watched a funny movie together. We were really tired. Toby of course slept over at his little friend's house.

On Sunday we didn't do anything special, because Dario wanted to see his father and  I went to our friends to see Toby 
 

We sat on their terrace and the two played golf on the property. Meanwhile I chatted with my friend the mother of Benji, time flew by  and I went home to open the door for Dario. They took their things and returned to Amsterdam..

I collapsed on my sofa and didn't feel very well, it was too much excitement. Next week I hope I will get back to normal.

10 comments:

  1. I've wondered if Toby was still friends with Benji.

    It's great that you have sorted out accommodation for Mr G. 20m2 sounds like a good space.

    Tiring I am sure, but not a bad weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is mentally draining all the stress of your husband and his illness. Putting him in a nursing home is the right thing to do although it is hard. He will have days where he will be happy there and others where he will be angry about it but it is the best place for him and his disease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you were able to spend time with your family and have found a place for your husband. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the kitty and the turtle. I love turtles too.

    I hope the new home will be a blessing for the both of you.

    It's time to rest now after all the visitors. Good to see family but they can wear you out. Especially the young ones.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my what a stressful time. I hope all goes well with the move to a nursing home and that you have a less stressful time going forward. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your capture of the turtle is amazingly clear. Getting from here to there is slow moving and yet time when looking back moves quickly it seems. Transitioning is challenging, indeed, but family and friends make it bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You seem to have organised a future nursing home quickly when things are much more difficult because of Covid. Hopefully once he has moved in you will be able to relax a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not surprised you were exhausted. Moving a loved one into a nursing home is hard, however much you know it is the right thing to do. I'm glad you got to spend time with Dario and Toby though.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !