10 Jun 2021

HODGEPODGE JUNE 9

1. Something you've seen recently that's 'cuter than a June bug'? 

A lady bug is cute, but you can't pet it and I  prefer fury pets ! Here is my little Rosie as a baby with her mum and then as an adult in her tent.

2. Tell us something about where you were and what you were doing in June of 1988? If you weren't born yet, June of 1998. Or if that doesn't work, June of 2008. 

Thanks to my blog I checked what I did at this date and saw that I was watching Scottish soldiers who fought in the Waterloo battle (perhaps their great, great, great Grandfathers) on the site of the Waterloo Lion's battle field.

3. A place in your home or outdoor space where you feel 'snug as a bug in a rug'? 

On my balcony with this beautiful view I almost feel on  holidays !  

4. June is National Fresh Fruits and Vegetable Month. Do you normally get your 4-5 servings each day? What's a favorite summer dish you make/serve/like to be served-ha! made with one of your favorite summer fruits. A favorite summer dish made with a favorite summer veg? How do you feel about cooking in the summer months? 

All kind of salads, from all countries, and fruit salads.  I used to do these myself, but since I am retired I cooked less and less and now I don't cook anymore at all. There are so many possibilities for seniors to get excellent food delivered at home, that it would be more expensive for the two of us if I cooked myself.

5. Do you have a summer reading list? If so share a title or two we can add to our own. 

I use to read interesting blog posts from other countries I like to know how people live and also look at beautiful landscapes. Books I have read enough in my life I was a real  bookworm !

 6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Honestly my head is empty I can't make any projects until Mr. G. gets out of the hospital and we can plan the future. Now that all the paperwork is behind me I just try to recover. Now the restaurants are open since today and I well intend and my friends too to celebrate the end of the lockdown, still with some restrictions ! I don't believe that it will never end it will come back all the time and instead of hiding us in our homes, we have to learn to live with it a normal life ! Aids is still there but we have learned to live with it.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. It took about nearly three decades to develop very effective treatments for HIV and drugs to stop people catching HIV.
    Blog post or personal email, I'd like to know about your daily food intake and where it comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gattina! Your answers ROCK! I always love to learn more about fellow bloggers. And Rosie was a beautiful baby! I too love your apartment. It reminds me of the one I had in Vancouver. I felt like I was living in a resort hotel. But then the house here in Midway is like being on vacation for the people who comes to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our latest lockdown ends tomorrow. I hope it's the last.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !