21 Jun 2021

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND JUNE 18






 

Linking to AWWWW MONDAY  

 

********* 

The real hot weather where we all melted finished exactly on Saturday when people don't work ! That's not right ! I mean I don't care because I am in eternal  holidays. 

I had slept only 5 h because I couldn't fall asleep and at 7 the alarm clock woke me up to open the door for Maria. 

I wasn't feeling 100 %, I think it was because of my fall, after all my head was shaken too. My son and grandson were supposed to come, luckily I had misunderstood everything, they didn't come to me first but stopped at my grandson's friend for the birthday party. My son came to me later to fix some things for which I needed a strong man ! Now the board is stuck under the dishwasher and doesn't always fall on my feet when I empty the machine. It was nice that we could talk alone about the future of Mr. G. 

After we had our chat he drove back to his friend to celebrate the birthday with the 10 year olds. I was so tired that I fell asleep watching TV and only woke up shortly before 7pm just before the News started ! Again I didn't sleep enough and on Sunday morning I wondered how I would go through the day, 

I did my yoga as fast as a snail and still didn't wake up properly. An espresso on the balcony didn't help either. 

I packed the clean things for Mr. G. in plastic bags and then I waited for the two to come. Dario had bought Pittas and we ate them with pleasure on the balcony. The sun was there too but it wasn't too hot.

Then Toby and I went to the Palace of Justice in Brussels, because from there you have the most beautiful view of whole Brussels. He was very interested.And I explained what I could. 

There also was an ice cream stand there, and of course we had an ice cream. From a distance, we saw musicians playing which was very cheerful and some people even danced on the street ! Long expected liberty, although not yet official only from June 27 on, but people didn't care ! I even saw less masked people then in Waterloo.

On the Boulevard that leads to the Palace of Justice, pretty much all embassies with the appropriate flags are there. I was amazed that Toby could tell me the countries of all the flags! I didn't even know that there were so many embassies on this Boulevard ! 

Then we drove home and I wanted to upload the pictures to my computer and to my horror I discovered that I had left the memory card in my computer !! So not a single picture of our beautiful trip! And also the other pictures that I (did not) take !!


 Father and son, after I had put the memory card in my camera !!!

I am furious and will never forgive me ! I really have to pay attention I become too distracted.

When they were gone, I wanted  to watch TV a little bit, but fell again asleep until the News ! I wonder if a Tse-Tse mosquito has bitten me !!


I must have been a cat in my former life

8 comments:

  1. Such a shame about the memory card. Your grandson is really growing up. I am so glad you were able to have some time with your son to make some decisions about your husband, not an easy time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, sleeping sickness from the fly.
    Doctor Andrew diagnoses from poor night sleep and day naps, old age.
    It sounds like you had a good time with your son and grandson. Dario is starting to look like Mr G. I wonder if Toby will look like Mr G when he is older. I can't see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since he was a baby Toby looked as me when I was the same age ! Everybody says so, same eye colors, same haircolor, even the same big ears ! Maybe later he will become dark haired, my sun until 10 had curly blond hair !

      Delete
  3. Stress can cause one to make a lot of silly mistakes. Normally a camera will not work without a memory card, so it is odd it didn't tell you it needed a memory card. Hope you can get some good sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww on all the kitties. Cats are such wonderful companions.

    I'm sorry your forgot your memory card. I'm sure you had lots of fabulous photographs that you really didn't take. Well you took them but they didn't count.

    Your grandson is most handsome.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your body is telling you to sleep, so sleep! I love seeing how much your grandson has grown, what a handsome young man he is becoming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling Grandson! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a terrific looking son and grandson you have. Perhaps you are turning into a cat! Gattina, the heat always makes me tired! And with all the worry about Mr G, you probably are not sleeping well when you do sleep. I went through something similar when my husband was in the hospital 2 years ago. I send you compassion, virtual hugs and strength. Barb

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !