30 Apr 2021

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

I just could copy and paste my weeks and only change the dates ! Nothing happened this week, nobody was murdered in our building, for that I have to switch on the News. Besides burning buildings, Covid statistics, suicides, etc nothing has happened ! No, that's not true, they start to do a very slow lockdown opening ! Now I am allowed to go shopping with another person and there are no restrictions anymore to go into the shops.

When I did my shopping on Monday there were not many people there, apparently now that you can go when you want without appointment, less people shop ! After shopping I was exhausted and sat down with my computer and looked a little bit what happened in the world with my worldwide blogfriends. More or less it was everywhere the same. 

On our Scrabble day the sun was shining and we could play outside ! That was really nice and while we played a magpie couple was building its nest nearly above our heads ! Was funny to watch.

Mr G continues his reha and makes progresses ! He has his normal voice back and finds his things again. Not always but at least it gets better and there is good hope. 

The last nights I didn't sleep well I woke up often and cat Rosie thought she was the Callas and sang operas ! When I got up I thought I had forgotten to switch off the light in the living room but it was the moon ! A huge pale moon lightened the whole room ! That's probably why I woke up so often

I was surprised that the picture came out quite good, I only have a little Canon Ixus

To  spoil my now only cat, I bought her a new toy, but this ungrateful thing just sniffed at the catmint I had put on the wheel, turned around and disappeared ! And it's said that ALL cats love catmint !! I took some photos and returned to bed this time I put my earplugs on so Rosie could sing her operas in front of the moon !

For the first time since ages I went to a store which sells almost everything from tools to clothes and decoration, furniture etc. As there was no time limit anymore I spent  two hours in the store and locked at everything ! I came out with some beauty stuff, cleaning products, masks, socks for Mr. G, (he has sold or lost them anyway I couldn't find a single sock in the dirty laundry.) Probably another spouse found the socks in her dirty laundry. Now that will not happen anymore.

And to finish the week there was a burst water pipe in the garage  and I had to hop to my car like a kangaroo in a park. Nevertheless I managed to get one wet foot ! Fortunately it was very quickly repaired.

Lockdown Rosie in one of her different poses !

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Mr G is making progress.

    You too with the moon? I woke up several times as well as it was shining right in my face. It was really bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how wonderful you get to go shopping again! over here in NY not many stores really shut down during the pandemic. we just wear masks and have to stand in certain areas when checking out. Sadly some of the smaller stores like my favorite European cafe had to close down!! NOT cool.
    Glad your husband is doing so well in rehab!!

    Cute kitty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosie doing her best Maria Callas made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to do a shopping trip and glad that Mr G is doing better. Good picture of the moon. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May we never take shopping for granted again. Just browsing around a store can be a wonderful thing.
    Miss Rosie should be grateful for that catnip! It will help her sleep through the night.
    Good news that Mr. G is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased to hear Mr G is making progress. Nice that things are returning to normal little by little. I was able to go into a clothes shop and use the changing rooms to try on sme clothes. I was the only person using them maybe because other people didn't know the rules had changed. I felt very excited just because I could try on some new clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good Mr. G has made some progress! I love full moons. I've never had one keep me awake though. It must have been incredibly bright. Beautiful but frustrating if it's robbing you of sleep. Silly cat. We call it "catnip" here. Our cat takes it or leaves it depending on his mood. It does calm him down a bit when he's especially antsy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad Mr. G. is doing better and restrictions in stores are loosening up a bit more! Wow, what a bright moon!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !