6 Jan 2021

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY

Believe it or not but the Coronavirus pandemia also influenced Father Christmas ! I found it as Christmas tree decoration on Internet !

 fully dressed

his backpack filled with toilet paper, desinfection sprays and bottles

wearing the required mask

When I  emptied our house once it was sold I gave away all our Christmas decoration we had accumulated over 45 years and I was convinced that I would never ever celebrate Christmas again for different reasons. Christmas for me except when I was a child was horrible as long as my parents lived because for them it was the opportunity to critisize everything and especially the education of our son. 

But then arrived Christmas in our new home and suddenly I needed some decoration ! I didn't regret the old stuff although there had been very beautiful and handmade things with it, but for me it was a new beginning. I never thought that Christmas would be such a strange celebration where we couldn't celebrate with our grandson and parents and for the first time in my life we celebrated on a screen !

So when I saw this Father Christmas I had to buy it as a souvenir because I think we will never ever have such a special Father Christmas again. 

BTW it was made in China !

 

 

 more participants here, and Image-in-ing

3 comments:

  1. I was given a star for my tree that had on it "2020 - The Year we stayed home!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got 2020 ornaments for our extended family this year. I love your Father Christmas with his pack filled with supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our state library and I imagine many institutions are collecting COVID mementos and you have your own personal one.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !