19 Jan 2021

VIRTUAL NEW YEAR 2020/2021 IN BERLIN


New Year's Eve in Berlin at the Brandenburg Gate 2020 was completely different as in all the other years before. In 2019 it looked like this : 

 "Welcome 2021": The traditional New Year's Eve party at the Brandenburg Gate was replaced in 2020 by a virtual New Year's Eve  show without spectators at least not in the street and on the place in front of the gate !

Empty place and streets

But lots of spectators at home on their screens who participated !

Artists doing their show outside under the gate


and lots of lights and fireworks


The show was aired on TV of course and I have to say it was really very good and funny ! I think they wanted to comfort the population who all suffered of the lockdown. 

I was home and watched too. We had curfew at 10 and our guests were all gone, we were 6 in total so very brave ! 

The following pictures I took at the TV screen !







Dancing and famous singers performed also outside under the gate.

Maybe the quality of the pictures is not the best but as it was such a special New Year and I couldn't travel to Berlin, I had at least a nice virtual New Year which also was the very first of my life !


 Linking to Happy Tuesday

 

more participants here

6 comments:

  1. And this is my first time to see a virtual new year celebration. Thanks for sharing this. I never thought of going online to see if there's anything like this on TVs in my part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks impressive! I always watch our Independence Day show on TV. There are no crowds at home and the weather is good ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great show! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Different but very impressive. It will be interesting to see what 2022 will bring...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully it'll all be sorted before New Years 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great light show!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !