18 Dec 2020

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

 On Monday I recovered from the weekend where I had done nothing. I am in lockdown. It's crazy how tiring it is when you can do nothing else but household work, cooking (restaurants are closed) or call for take aways. I filed my photos and watched TV. Outside it rained the wind was whistling and it was rather cool. Still too warm for the season, but I don't care.

The next day I went shopping. I really had to kick myself in an for a lady unspeakable place to get out of the house ! I did it for cat Rosie because I had to buy cat food and there is no take away for cats ! 

And as I was already outside, I thought I will look for a bathrobe or something to wear inside until I decide I would go out or not. Finally I could stay the whole day in my pyjama or a dressing gown as ladies did before they got dressed for breakfast ! I had already looked on Internet but hadn't found anything what I saw looked all like pyjamas !

Fortunately I don't need hours to decide what I want to buy, because with our lockdown rules I am allowed to shop alone (I alway shop alone) and 30 min. If I like something it doesn't even take me 30 min


 It's in fleece and nice and warm ! Now I can receive the mailman ! But he is not allowed to come in, only in the hall with the letter boxes. Corona keeps out everybody !

The living room is now ready for our Corona Christmas celebration, but we light the candles anyway each evening. No tree this year.

                                                                       The advent wreath

 
 

Our window decoration ! (the only one in the street) 

We had our confinement meeting again the only difference was that we thought why should we dress ? And as I had bought my new "dressing gown" the others came with theirs too ! This was already fun and Mr. G. shook his head and thought probably that we are crazy. Maybe next time we will meet in pyjamas !

Now my view has changed, the trees had lost all their leaves and suddenly I see a lot of houses. My friends were also surprised !


The front, I have a friend from my painting group who lives in one of these buildings !



Fortunately we don't hear the traffic, with the triple glassed windows and there are not many cars,  just in the morning when people leave for work and then when they are coming back in the evening.

And so another week went by !





Scenes from lockdown life


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

8 comments:

  1. The cartoons are funny and lifted my spirits. It is certainly a year that we want to forget and yet we will remember for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here in Ohio except we're not in lock down anymore in Ohio USA. However, the going out is at a minimum for me so I don't get the Covid. Love seeing the views from your window, and the funnies. It's just me and my dog so days get boring. I did do a tree this year, but strange now that hubby is no longer with me. Anyway, nice to visit you. I'll be back again. You're welcome to come visit Peabea Scribbles, and on Tuesdays I do a link up for photos if you'd like to share, or crafts or whatever. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your window decoration is very pretty!
    And your fleece clothes look comfy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your new lounge wear! And the cartoons are great, what can we do about all this except complain or laugh? I'd rather laugh. Your advent wreath is beautiful. Merry Christmas week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your views from your windows are nice and mostly peaceful. I love your little Christmas trees in the window. And your header photos always make me smile. Love the sax playing Santa!
    I need those fleecy pajamas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep thinking I want something new to wear this Christmas and then remember all the clothes shops are closed until January 19th. Ah well, at least I have three pairs of Christmas pyjamas...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your views are lovely. Our stores are still open but they really limit the amount of people in at one time. I didn't buy anything to wear for Christmas as we are not allowed to gather with anyone except our own household.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !