14 Dec 2020

AWWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND DECEMBER 12

 

Breakfast


 

Twin sisters !


 

 

Linking to AWWW MONDAYS 

 

On a Saturday I avoid to go shopping because there are always a lot of people. I prepared my post ordered 2 pullovers on Internet and in the afternoon we had the visit of Mr. G's friend. I had asked him to come over and help me to choose a Samsung smartphone, because mine is now 5 years old and Mr. G. finally accepted to take mine. 

So far he was completely against smartphones and pretended that he didn't need one and still used antique  mobile. But now when he saw how I could communicate with grandson Toby and his Dad and even with Mr. G's niece, he finally recognized that he needed one too and that he couldn't stay forever in the middle age !

We found the ideal smartphone for me exactly what I needed and then he did some work for us which Mr. G. can't do anymore and I have two left hands (for certain things)  ! We know J.C at least 15 years or even more and he is only two years older then our son. So I call him always my adopted son. The smartphone will be my Christmas gift and Mr. G. gets a new electric shaver.

On Sunday we got up quite late, this grey and humid weather plus the lockdown doesn't inspire you very much to leave your warm bed.

Mr. G. had his F1 and I escaped to Myriam.  

On my way I saw a burgler, 


He looked quite real but at a closer look it was a blown up Father Christmas. Myriam was as lazy as I am, we have no energy at all. We wanted to go to Brussels and look at the two big Christmas trees one on the Grand'Place and the other in front of the Royal Palace, but it was cold and it was so warm and cozy in her house, that we settled down on the sofa and chatted.

She also had no big tree but a lot of little Christmas decoration. 4

Christmas decoration


On my way home I stopped to take a picture of this Christmas tree on a place in Waterloo, which to my taste is the most beautiful !

Another 10 days to go and we will have our Christmas Eve, the two of us and as guest we invited Rosie, as we are allowed to invite one person ! 



8 comments:

  1. I feel encouraged when I read your posts as you describe how I feel. I am sitting here now not wanting to go out and do the couple of jobs that need doing. This whole Covid affair seems to have sapped my energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I avoid shopping on a Saturday too. Glad you were able to get your new smartphone sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New smartphones and computers are wonderful...but setting them up is usually a real headache. If only set up could be made simple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very wonderful day! Glad you had such good help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww on the birds and Rosie too. Adorable.

    I love your new home. The windows are so inviting.

    I always enjoy seeing all the Christmas decorations. Some folks have quite the imagination.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the twin sisters! Beautiful photos, I'm glad Mr. G. has a smart phone, no matter how frustrating the set up is, once it's up and running, it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. believe it or not, I still haven't seen a tree on grand place. probably will not this year.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !