11 Dec 2020

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

On Monday I had nearly the whole day for myself, because the four Whist pals of Mr. G. had decided to start playing at 11 am until 4 pm !! They are always in the same place and now they are eating a sandwich there too ! So I did what I wanted, when I wanted and had no hours to respect !

Our hairdressers are still closed and I wonder how it is possible that our politician's hair never grow and they are all well combed !


 

 

 

 

 

 

(except the UK prime Minister who is an example for closed barbers). Anyway as usual when I look for somebody to work for me I look in Facebook in this case for a hairdresser, I found one in a discrete mention and I sent her a message ! It was quickly done, she came the next day, a very nice girl who only works for people at home. She came with everything needed except the bassin to wash the hair, that would have been a bit too obvious  ! I don't understand why the hairdressers are closed and the carwashs  open, therefore I listened to my inner self and the hair department told me go ahead ! 

I was very happy with the haircut, it is alway a surprise when you have a new hairdresser. 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then as she was already shere she also cut Mr. G's hair he started to look like a hedgehog ! Now we are ready for our lonely Christmas ! But will look good at least on the screen !

Some Christmas balls were missing and I returned to the second hand shop and got a whole bunch of red and golden balls for nearly nothing. It was cold outside so I quickly returned home ! 

 
Decoration on the balcony
 
  
A part from a few garlands I won't put more, and no Christmas tree. The huge plants with garlands  will replace it.. We are only the two of us anyway.

We had our little lockdown meeting this time at Nicole's. She too has a lot of little decorations and a beautiful crib and she will also be alone on Christmas Eve. I wanted to invite her, but she preferred to go to bed, she is sometimes quite tired because of the chimeo therapy.
 


The crib, a mini tree a huge ball and Isis who listened to our conversations.

Tonight in the News we were told that  the curfew will be extended until midnight instead of 10 pm on Christmas Eve. We have never celebrated Christmas Eve that late. But on New Year it will remain 10 pm ! I wonder how you can wish "Happy New Year" ??? I only see with all these rules lockdowns, curfews, closed restaurants etc etc, the Corona Virus continues to spoil our lives, the number of death increases, and the infected people are sitll around and generously distribute the virus ! And now the new vaccine has side effects ! Sometimes I wonder how the Spanish flu was handled, without media and not such a developped science ! It was just nature who killed the weakest and let the others live. I start to believe that we will come to the same result despite lockdowns and sanitary restrictions ! 

 


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

6 comments:

  1. It does remain a frustrating situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely haircut! Our shops have remained open. My hairdresser is in a shop where they all have separate rooms, so I feel safe. We wear masks and they have to disinfect the room between customers. It's a lot of work for the hairdressers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby could use a hair cut, he looking like mad scientist.
    Stay Safe and Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well your new place looks very Christmas-y and cheery. It is going to be a very different Christmas but we are trying to make the best of it as we can. The haircut looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is looking very festive.
    Hurray on getting the haircuts.
    Everyone is getting really tired of the lockdowns and shutdowns. One wonders what spring 2021 will look like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm probably going to pas on the covid vaccine as well. I mean i never get a flu shot. Why in the world would i put something unnatural in my body?? Let nature ....and God....heal me if i get it!!

    We can still go to the hair dressers here in New York bout we just wear our masks and wash our hands, she can only have 2 people waiting in the waiting area but usually there's no overflow. So all has been fine!

    It's usually just the 4 of us for Xmas eve and Xmas day anyways so life is kinda the same for my family. 💕💕😀
    We can't get together with extended family as a whole group so we are visiting each other over a couple of weeekends,

    I hope you have an enjoyable weekend

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !