8 Dec 2020

BUDDHIST MONASTERY IN BELGIUM

One of my friends loves the Buddhist philosophy and as I was very interested in the yearly gathering she took me with her. 

The Yeunten Ling is the biggest Buddhist monastery in Belgium and one of the biggest in Europe.  It is a peaceful place which delivers deep teachings on Buddhism. The Lamas are serious meditators and can teach meditation well. 

The Dalai-Lama  had been several times in this monastery when he had to go to Brussels, last time he was here was in 2012.

You can  take a class or a meditation retreat in this centre. There are also a lot of boutiques, libraries and food and spice stores.

I was only very curious and she showed me the place. There were quite a lot of people so you can imagine that I had to dig again in my memories. I would have liked to return, but missed the dates or the weather was too bad to walk around in this beautiful place.   


The main entrance


in the park

outside meditations

The building where you can stay for a retreat




The gong to call for meditation (I guess)


Every place inside is very colorful




 
 
 
 
 
Our World 
more participants here

8 comments:

  1. It looks like a delightful place for a peaceful retreat. There are times when I would have enjoyed this kind of retreat but at the moment I craving the opposite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful center. It's nice you had someone to give you a tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some colour! I think that I would not necessarily want all that colour when on retreat. Not that I have ever been on a retreat mind, so I wouldn't really know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am bouche bée! haven't even heard of it. well noted for better times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting architecture. The colors are so bright!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading, a good Post for Our World: 7. December!

    Stay healthy and well

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !