4 Dec 2020

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

On Monday's Mr. G plays Whist and I have the whole apartment for myself ! Not that he is always in my feet but being alone is sometimes good too. So I used my time for beauty purposes, in the hope that it would improve me at least a bit ! Hairs, nails, long shower and peace !! Little Rosie had started her dayly sleep after having slept the whole night.

 

According to the sanitary rules we are allowed to shop now nearly everything, but only one person for 30 min ! This is theory. In practical life it looks a bit different. Nicole who doesn't drive anymore due to her cancer therapy needs a driver and I proposed to take her with me ! I went in the shop took a desinfected caddie and rushed to the place where Christmas ornaments and decoration where displayed ! Nicole meanwhile had entered the shop too and was looking if there was something interesting to buy. Occasionally we met and said hello to each other and continued chatting with 1.50m distance between us.


 I found quickly what I wanted and made a good bargain. And then it was really funny

 because we met our third lockdown friend who was there by coincidence. So we were 3 ! Nobody checked how long we stayed but anyway we didn't  and returned home ! 

On Wednesday I drove Nicole to a store where she had ordered new frames for her round windows. Of course they didn't know, Corona is a brake for everybody who wants to work ! After that we went for a coffee to her house. Since restaurants and cafes are still closed you have to have your drink at somebody's place ! Poor owners ! what a loss of money. 

When I had finished with my decorations I stated that a few light garlands were missing. Reluctantly I went to one where usually people line up in long lines to be allowed to get in. To my surprise there was nobody ! I was the only one and in the shop maybe 3 people. Was I lucky and I could buy what I wanted but I didn't take an alarm clock with me to ring after 30 min !

Now as it had become cold I noticed that there was something wrong with the heating. The thermostat didn't  indicate the right temperature. I called the service and they came early morning and had to replace a piece ! Fortunately it's done know, and not when the temperatures are going under 0° !

and so another week went by the difference for the next week will be that we are sitting in Christmas decorations ..... ! for the next three weeks !

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

7 comments:

  1. Everyone writes about decorations. Our holidays are relatively modest with, few ornaments to adorn or beautify the indoors or outdoors. However, I enjoy reading and learning about Christmas decorations in various places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing your decorations. A spa day is a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having time in the house on my own but at the moment it's not happening enough lol. I'm planning to get my tree and decorations up this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear Mr G is playing Whist again. Its interesting that he is allowed to do that. Can they keep 1.5 m away from each other and what about everyone touching the cards. Hope he disinfects well afterwards. Your decorations are lovely. Enjoy sitting under them for the next three weeks. Hang in there it should get better soon. WE are almost back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas decorations are just so cheerful! I smile every time I look at my tree in the corner.
    I hope that soon all the restrictions will be lifted and life can be normal again, especially having coffee and tea in the shops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree--I love my husband, but it's nice to have a day to oneself sometimes. I'm glad you were able to get your shopping in without having to watch the clock. And that your heater got fixed before it got colder.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !