1. It's Thanksgiving week in the US of A so let's talk turkey. And by turkey I mean the elephant in the room because it's still 2020 and our blogs are a record of sorts of the times in which we live.
In Europe, precisely in Belgium where I live, we don't have a Thanksgiving day, because most of our ancestors didn't take the Mayflower to America to eat a turkey. My family used to eat a turkey on Christmas day. I had to google to know why I should have an elephant in my room, now I know more or less, in fact the big elephant in my case was our moving from a house into an apartment between two lockdowns !
Do you live in a state (or if you're outside the US, a country) that's instituted restrictions on the size of gatherings in your own home? What do we think about this? (keep it classy folks)
Yes my country is under curfew and lockdown ! All shops are closed which are not essential. I don't know who has decided what was essential or not, but personally I think a hairdresser is essential? as well as shoes and underpants. in Supermarkets these things are covered with plastic !
I also don't understand why a carwash is closed when you sit alone in your car surrounded by brushes with soap and water ! We are allowed to invite one person per houshold, if it is a couple the other person should stay outside in the cold, which is a rule not respected by most of the people.
2. Let's move in a cheerier direction. Will there be corn on your holiday dinner menu? How so? Cornbread-corn pudding-corn chips and dip-cornbread dressing/stuffing-corn chowder-or regular canned, frozen or fresh corn in a bowl...which of the 'corns’ listed is your favorite?
For this question I can only answer NO. I don't know anybody who eats something made out of corn besides the cattle here in Belgium. Maybe there are people who do, but it would be very unusual.
3. What is there a cornucopia of in your home, job, or life currently?
I would say no, in this lockdown period no cornucopia at all.
4. Have you ever quit something (such as a habit, a food, a time-sucker, a relationship) cold turkey? Is there something you need to quit cold turkey?
Yes, I have long time ago, like boyfriends, alcohol and cigarettes. So now I am a good girl !
5. Share a favorite verse, quote, saying, or song lyric relating to gratitude.
"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it, is like wrapping a present and not giving it " .....
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Above all I wish to return to normal life again and that our lockdown is lifted for Christmas ! That's now 9 month with a little break in between that we have no freedom anymore and more and more people get depressed. It's time to change this at least for Christmas !