31 Jul 2020

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

I sincerely hope that our move is finally finished. Our new appartment is wonderful and everything is in its place I mean at least the furniture and it looks nice.The house is nearly empty I only have to move my paintings into my ancient neighbor's basement. Some books are to be taken along and some personal papers we have forgotten. And then on Tuesday the "Empty All" comes and will empty the house completely. It will probably take 3 days, as I have left quite some furniture behind and only taken along small things. We have also been in the City Hall to change our address and Mr. G. had also gone to the post office. So for 3 months our mail which still comes to the house will arrive here. Today it is very hot 35°C but our new home is nice and cool although I can't see any aircondition. From next week on, or a week later or later I will empty the boxes and suitcases and fill in the wardrobes, desks, and other furniture. Only the kitchen has everything in place. And then I can pick up my old life ! not really because we have a kind of second Coronavirus wave in Belgium. Our town is quite safe, but we have to wear masks outside and do a lot of things online. And we are the only country which lives in bubbles, that means you are allowed to receive 5 people (a bubble) besides the family members who live under one roof. That's quite ridiculous because if you live in a big house keeping the obligatory distance you could have more friends or guests then in a one room dwelling ! My bubble doesn't change we were always never more then five. Other countries call us "Bubble Belgium" which is quite funny ! It's a strange life ! I am sitting on the terrace and overlook the gardens. Our closes neighbor is far away.

I only saw that there were people when I zoomed Our finished living room, the curtains are very nice they keep out the heat too

 
On the other side through the huge fir I can see the swimming pool with full of laughing kids, must be the grandchildren The only door in the house I hate to open is the room where we put everything which still had to find its place in the furniture ! But for the moment I can live with this, I think after all these months lockdown included I earn a little break ! It took me the double of my usual time for a post to get not used to this new Blogger thing ! I don't see any difference only complications !
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

13 comments:

  1. It's great to make a little progress every week, and then soon it will be done. Funny about the bubble. Unfortunately our COVID cases and deaths in Tennessee are steadily rising. Looks like you have a lovely view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am cleani9ing our basement due to mice! It seems it's too hot for them and so they come into the basement, eat the dog food, which now has been moved to air-tight containers, and leave their little poops. I've been cleaning and washing everything with bleach.
    Glad to hear the move is nearly done. It will be nice when life falls into it's new normal for you and Mr. Gattino.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A swimming pool in Belgium seems odd. Your moving seems to be the longest ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does seem like you are getting more settled in your new home. You don't want to see the photo of the room where we are storing all the boxes waiting for the truck to come and load everything on!
    I agree--I'm not a fan of the new blogger format!
    Have a safe Bubble week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Rosie is happy your apartment must be a good place to live. I can see some wire on your terrace railings to keep her safe. Your furniture looks good in place and the view from your terrace is pretty, I love hedges and fir trees. Soon the move will be complete and you will forget you ever lived anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos to you for approaching the finals:)
    You'll soon reach the point of enjoyment only. All the moving mess behind you, and the benefits of the new apartment in front of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how long were you in your house? And only Rosie was left to move with you. Well done on the move. I love your new apartment. I miss you. Oh yes, I also took ages to post on the new blogger. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard about this bubble only recently. I hope it will get bigger again soon.

    I agree with you on the new Blogger. It annoys me no end, especially with the photos. I can't upload more than one at a time and when I do, they all get inserted at the same time in the same place and when I then try to move them about they disappear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are settling into your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new place looks really wonderful. I know you feel so good after the move is completely over.
    Glad Rosie is enjoying her new home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fooddy Blog shows how to make simple dishes so that you can make delicious food for your family. Share your knowledge about cooking.Fooddy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, the new Blogger is a pain. It is taking me time to adjust too. It's been very hot here this past week. We have to close doors and windows to keep the heat out and sit near fans or use AC. I hope you get some rest after such a big move.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate adjusting when Blogger changes things too! I noticed you can go back to old Blogger but only until the 24th so I just stuck with it because going back for a few weeks would just be delaying the inevitable. Glad to hear to are enjoying your new place. It's coming together so nicely. We call our group that we stick with a "co-hort" but I don't think things are working with that very well as our provincial numbers and our city numbers are rising. We are having a heat wave going on two weeks now. Temps in the 30's every day. I don't mind because we have air conditioning but my mom and my sister are sure feeling the heat as their homes are not cooling off as usual during the night because it has stayed warm (above 16*C) thru the nights too. Glad your apartment is staying cool for you.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !