24 Jul 2020

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE - End of moving ?

Finally I see the end of the tunnel ! The house is empty except the things we don't take along. Our son was here the whole week and moved over our personal belongings which were to heavy for us and which the movers had forgotten !



Now it looks like a battle field, with things I had long forgotten, imagine 45 years in the same house ... old suitcases with old stuff was in the attic and my son even found my doll house which I had last seen when I was maybe 14 years old !

For our mini cellar he bought a shelve and now we have far more space. 



I had never thought that we could put so many things in there which we don't need immediately.

All  difficult things he fixed for us, like the umbrella I had bought for our very sunny terrace !



And for the first time we could have supper on the terrace !

The only thing I still have to do is to make an appointment with the company which will clean out the whole house. The guy came already to give us a fixed price and I was very happy with it ! So hopefully mid August the nightmare will be over !!





more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

14 comments:

  1. Kudos to your son! He was definitely there for you, and helped with the moving.
    Moving is never an easy process, but once it's done, joy fills life in the new house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrilled your son was able to help and that you are now settling into your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful that your son could help you and that the end is in sight. There are things in our attic and shed we really need to sort through and probably get rid of. Every move, we do get rid of a bit more. Enjoy dinners on your terrace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done your son. Ahead of your move it all sounded too easy to me and I thought it can't be that easy. I was right. Anyway, you are nearly there and ready to put it all in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see a photo of your doll house. Hope you didn't leave it behind and found space in your new cellar for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy to see your son helping you. Your cohesiveness inspires us. Have a good day. Greetings from Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurray for your son helping you for a whole week! What a blessing that was for you.
    Forty-two years in the same house--I'm sure you will find all kinds of 'treasures' as you unpack.
    But, all in all, it has been and is a good move for you. I'm sure you are looking forward to mid August to be done with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're making progress and it sounds like you are almost there. I hope you can enjoy some time on your terrace this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the whole moving process is near the end. It’s easy to accumulate things and forget about them. Doll house sounds like a fun surprise :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see it's nearing the end. Hopefully it will all be over then.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for help from your son. It is nearing the end and soon you'll just be able to sit and relax and enjoy your new place without anymore worry about what still needs to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Moving is tiring! Hope you enjoy your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just catching up with all your moving news! Your new place looks great and will be a joy when everything is finally sorted. wishing you light at the end of your moving tunnel!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You’re getting there! Hooray your son came through for you when you needed him. I’m glad you had plenty of time to finish cleaning out the old house, but it will be great when its all done and you can just live and enjoy the new one! The terrace looks like such a great spot!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !