8 May 2020

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

Being still locked in I could copy and paste the events of the days because they seem all to be same, with some little differences, I had to find a moving company and asked Facebook friends from Waterloo. I thought once the lockdown lifted, there will be a long line of people who want to move so it is better to book early to be sure to get one. It should be from June 15 on so the date approaches. To my surprise I got quite a lot of answers from moving companies, but I have to wait because they can't give an estimation for the move yet, all thanks to Coronavirus.

On Monday km long lines of women waited at the doors of fabric and sewing accessories stores to be opened, it was almost like the rush on toilet paper. I don't know why people are so crazy, even those who can't do any handiwork are standing in a line to buy a needle only because another shop has opened. That must be a psychological disturbance !

Warm weather has returned and we met at M's. Her lawn is now full of holes and it looks as if several mole families had moved in and digged their apartments, but it had only been the gardener who had taken out weeds.



We discussed about our "liberation" and what we would do at first. We all had one common wish ! Going into a restaurant and have a drink somewhere on a terrace ! But this will remain a dream until probably end of May.

On Wednesday I filed photos and stumbled over a macro photo of a flower which looked almost the same as the naughty virus which causes us so much troubles in the whole world ! It looks as if Mother Nature had created a flower looking similar. I don't remember where I took it !



My cleaning lady came and did the whole household. I am getting more and more lazy and have no energy left, except for blogging.

In the afternoon I went to N, and sat on her terrace. It was so warm that I had to take some layers of my clothes off ! M. didn't come, she was so tired, the gardener had come again to close the "mole" holes with earth and a loud machine to get rid of the moss, and probably had made a lot of dirt.



N and I enjoyed the sunshine, apparently it is getting bad again.  As usual Isis kept us company.  Fortunately we have these little meetings, otherwise we would be all three in a mad house.

The second phase of deconfinement begins on Sunday which is Mother's Day. We are allowed to receive 4 visitors.  Now the big question in the families is .... who goes for the visit ! I have no trouble with family they are not allowed to come here for Mother Day anyway, as the border between Holland and Belgium is still closed.







more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.


10 comments:

  1. That flower really does look like the virus and is very pretty. Still only 2 visitors for mothers day, I had hoped the rules would relax and allow more. A distant family member died last week and only 10 people are allowed at the funeral so it will be taped so others can watch the service later. Strange times indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness how strange that the flower really does look like the virus. e are certainly living in strange times when people are queuing for something they don't need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That flower does looks like the image of the virus!! Hahha wow!

    Yay for sunshine, and for things opening back up. That is definitely not happening yet over here in New York. So many people still dying. Very sad. Here in upstate NY it isn't as bad as NYC so we are hoping by June some things will open here. I definitely won't be the one at the fabric store but i WILL be at the town library!!!

    Happy Mother's Day to you. ( is that a holiday in Belgium??)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The virus has some things in common with flowers, except it blooms in the garden of humans, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad things are starting to ease for you and that it shouldn't be too hard to find a removal company.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A rather spooky flower, really. No Mother's Day visits allowed here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our eating establishment is opening middle of month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing how much that flower looks like the coronavirus! That was a good idea to look for movers now before the rush on their business starts. I have not had much energy, either. Happy Mother's Day! I'm sorry you can't be with your son and grandson--hopefully you'll hear from them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Mother's Day yesterday! Like you, our children do not live nearby. So we sufficed with phone calls and skype and cards.
    It seems like you are able to get out and enjoy company and sunshine. Maybe soon you will get your wish for dinner and drinks on a restaurant terrace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I'm surprised by how much the flower looks like the virus. Our Mother's Day was very quiet. But I had a visit from my in town daughter and phone calls from the other two kids. So nice that you are getting sunshine to enjoy. I cannot even imagine if this had happened in the dead of winter and we couldn't go outside. Funny how people are. I for one will still not be wanting to go too many places when things get going. They are starting to open up this Thursday here in Alberta but they will be doing it in 3 phases and it won't move to the next phase until the one before is showing it is going okay and not exploding into big outbreaks. Seems the more time I have to rest the more tired and unmotivated I am getting.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !