17 Dec 2019

WATERLOO CHRISTMAS MARKET

Over the weekend we had a little Christmas market built up in front of the City Hall. More then last year and for the first time here.

I went there in the afternoon to take some pictures, as the weather was perfect for this purpose. My friends had a cold or weren't there so I went alone, but not for long, as I met people from aqua gym and also from our Facebook group.


At the entrance I was greeted by a Father Christmas !



There were about 30 chalets built up there, selling all kind of things, such as handmade bonnets and scarfs, jewelry, decoration stuff and of course a lot to eat and drink.

The chalets were the same as in Germany, but less decorated and less christmassy ! Of course I probably had this feeling because we had been on Düsseldorf's Christmas market the week before.


Earrings and necklaces and of course the Lion's Club for charity



Silver jewelry, hot wine and Tartiflette


Christmas decorations


Sausages


Handcrafts ....... Champagne


tents varieties of cheese



continuation of the market in the Galleries with boutiques


Not for empty wallets !



and a big gift box, probably only air in it !

Unfortunately it was very windy and I started freezing, I didn't wait until it became dark and all lights got on






I took this from Internet



more participants here

7 comments:

  1. It was fairly busy, looking at these shots.

    A European style Christmas market has opened up here for the first time, with chalets like that. It appears from what I've seen to be working reasonably well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look modest compared to Dusseldorf's Christmas market. But it certainly looks fun to check around :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy going to Christmas markets. Some are better than others. I had loved the ones in Vienna when we had visited. This year I went to 2 in Malta. One was held in an old palazzo and everything for sale was hand-made. The other one was in our neighbouring town and it was pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plenty to look at and even more to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, you've switched the Light box setting on. So much easier to see your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !