20 Dec 2019

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

As our Scrabble friend was still sick, I had proposed to come to us and at the same time "admire" my new TV furniture and the Christmas decoration.


After an interesting Scrabble game which I lost, but won't commit suicide for that, we had  the Italian Christmas cake Panettone and a blueberry cake with whipped cream, which was very much appreciated by cat Arthur who sits besides Mireille. Despite his old age of 18 and deaf, he still is very sociable. We spent a nice afternoon, talking about the different ways now we have to celebrate Christmas with our families.

I will be the first on  Saturday to celebrate Christmas Eve ! Our son had proposed that date because of his wife's patchwork family which has to be visited too. As he has off during Christmas and New Year,  but my DIL has to work, she will return on Sunday and he on Tuesday.

This year I feel that I am getting older and also suffer from my COPD disease probably due to this strange weather, I get asthma attacks, and have to rest. My son proposed to take care of everything and that I don't have to do anything ! And instead of celebrating the 5 of us, he also has invited his friend with wife and two kids. Makes nine. I don't know how this will work, because we need a lot of plates and cutlery most of it is in the basement as we never receive so many people around a table, it's mostly a buffet. I try not to be worried but Mr. G. is very nervous and that is contagious.



The city had organized a Theatre play for us seniors with cake and champagne afterwards, to celebrate New Year. The play was called "Grammar" and lots of people laughed, but I found it a bit boring and behind me a man  snored loud with the mouth wide open and got some kicks from his neighbor ! But it was a very nice afternoon.

 My son sent me these pictures from Toby



To show me how he has grown in one year ! He has his hairs cut, I personally prefer it a bit longer at least the ears covered. It's in the family we all have a bit sticky out ears, me, my son and now Toby too ! Would have been  better to inherit his mum's ears.

We also had our year's end Christmas party in our painting class ! It was really nice



everybody had brought a plate and the table was loaded with food. With that we had Champagne, or orange juice or  water. But there was also Champagne without alcohol and these bottles disappeared first !

Of course nobody had lunch after that, we gathered in a cafe for a  coffee and a little chat before we all went home.




more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

11 comments:

  1. Modern families where there have been separations and even just in laws make things difficult. I suppose in laws have always been difficult. It is better if one lot live too far away to visit every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toby looks very smart in his jacket and with new hair cut. pleased to see Arthur being sociable. I am using paper plates for Xmas dinner, my good china can't go in the dishwasher and I refuse to clean the silverware so it will be a very casual Xmas. Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and hope you enjoy Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandson looks adorable!
    The picture of your son, Toby and the Christmas tree is awsome!
    In my opinion, the weather affects health even more than aging does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky Arthur getting some goodies :-)
    Love the photos of your grandson Toby. He sure has grown and he is very handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toby is growing into a very handsome young man. His ears are fine too lol. I hope you have a nice Christmas Eve celebration with Toby and the family and friends and that it is not too stressful. Our gathering has grown too. We will now be 12 plus Nathan but I'm determined not to be stressed about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful food!
    Toby was a cute kid, and now he is a handsome young man!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have faith in your son's ability to pull it off. Let him know you are doing nothing and depending on him. Toby looks grown up. Fox split his head open on a friends swimming pool while doing a back flip and hit the edge..
    Your Painting group Christmas party looks great .

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so nice of your son to arrange things for Christmas. I've really been feeling the pressure this year, too, and left off some things I usually do. The nice part for me is that after Christmas, there's nothing urgent for a while, so I can more or less vacation then.

    The play and painting class party sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You stay so busy with all your activities!
    It will be nice for you to have your son doing all the chores and work for Christmas dinner! And maybe Toby can help, too. Enjoy the celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many fun celebrations for you. Nice that your son is doing all the work for the dinner. It will be fine. I'm going to have around 10 also but we are doing ours the day after Christmas. Toby is looking so handsome! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Gattina!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !