27 Dec 2019

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

I am a little confused with holidays in the middle of the week, so I take Monday for Sunday and Wednesday for Saturday etc. I am all the time looking at the calendar, fortunately I am not the only one !

Our son has the week off between Sunday before Christmas til Sunday after New Year, so he could stay a little longer, while my DIL returned on Sunday, she had to work on Monday.

On Monday 5 of our Scrabble group had a get together for Christmas at Khadijah's home. Although she is Muslim she had decorated her house with Christmas tree and ornaments and it looked very cosy. We all had brought a cheese plate and also a cake and the drinks, so she didn't have any work and we had a lot of fun.





Nobody could eat anything for supper !

The next day before leaving for Amsterdam my son and Toby came for lunch and we chatted until it was time to leave. Fortunately there was not too much traffic and they arrived rather quickly.



I forgot to take a picture before they left, but Toby handles his Dad's camera already like a professional ! The only hic is that I always get winter pictures in summer and the other way around. And when I ask for two photos I get 20 and when I ask for photos of a whole week I get one !

We spent Christmas Eve alone in 50 years, I mean the two of us and the two cats. But in life it is always a first time. Honestly I didn't care,  I was invited by Nicole who was alone too,  but too lazy to get up from my sofa to join my friend, when Mr. G. went to bed as usual at 9 pm.

I watched a show on German TV and was surprised how much Christmas had changed !  It had taken the good and funny Christmas uses over from the States  and even had translated songs like "last Christmas" into German which sounded a bit funny to me. I watched almost til the end, but went to bed before.

A part from the laundry which has to be done too from time to time, I spent most of the time in front of our TV or the computer, I was not really tired, but felt a bit KO and therefore very lazy ! Even moving a finger takes an enormous effort ! 



Rosie is like me, to do or not to do (something) that's the question .....






more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

5 comments:

  1. I was confused before Christmas but have myself right now. It is Saturday evening as I type. Your Scrabble meeting sounds nice, as does the extra visits by your son and Toby. You sound like my partner who says he is very good at doing nothing. Me not so much. I think I will find Last Christmas in German. It might be a laugh and the last German pop song I heard was 99 Luftballons. No, there was one in the 90s, a dance club song, From Paris to Berlin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean--almost every day this week I've had to ask myself what day it was. Glad you had some extended time with your son and grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lazy days are a gift! In my opinion anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holidays usually cause confusion.
    Khadija's decoration looks quite lovely!
    Rosie's 'my kind of girl'.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !