29 Dec 2019

AWWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND DECEMBER 28










Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

*******


 WEEKEND

The "historical" moment has arrived, it's the last weekend of 2019, next weekend you have to get used to write 2020, but you have until Wednesday for an intense training !

I think I am not the only one who is happy that all these festivities are finally over, and our stomachs will get back to normal food. When I read what people eat during Christmas I am full for the whole year !

On Saturday I just had to buy a gift for my cleaning lady who will become grandma and I found two very cute baby pyjamas ! The problem was the color and the pattern, as the young couple wants a surprise baby and not know if it would be a girl or a boy ! I would have been far too curious, but when I was pregnant it had always been a surprise you couldn't know. After that I went to Nicole for a coffee, it was quite noisy as new neighbors moved into her building just on the first floor.

Sunday the temperature had dropped and the grass was white not from snow but from frost. It was so nice and warm in my bed with Rosie as feet warmer, that I only got up reluctantly to clean up the mess which old Arthur had made during the night, the poor cat has the same signs as humans when they are very old.

The afternoon was rather cheerful, we played our Scrabble at Myriam's we were only four, because Mireille didn't want to leave her husband alone in the apartment which had been burgled and they were still under shock. Khadija had brought self made Morrocan cookies which tasted delicious and were not too sweet as they are sometimes in Northern Africa.



In the evening we watched Inspector Barnaby's nephew discovering a murder, the amount of the murdered people remains steady the average is always three. But I guess in the beginning they were four. But I assure you there are still some people left in the different villages.



I wish you a happy and healthy New Year and a new hairdresser for the two in the picture





8 comments:

  1. The bird looks far more dignified than its human counterparts, who I'd refer to as Dumb and Dumber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the holidays, it's rather hard to get back to normal eating habits. And it takes sometime to get rid of surplus calories accumulated at the festive meals.
    When it comes to Heads of State, it's not the haircut that is important but what's underneath. Let's hope the two statesmen will bring some new hope to the world in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your cleaning day on her grandchild! I hope the young couple will have a healthy baby!
    The Moroccan cookies look yummy :-) Have a great ew week xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's where world leaders copy their hair styles from.
    Sad to hear about Mireille's burglary, a very bad end to the year for her.
    Happy New Year to you and all at your house. Some councils here have already cancelled firework celebrations here because of heat and fire bans but I think Sydney celebrations are still going ahead. I will watch on TV as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, those hair photos really made us laugh. Crazy how it looks good on the chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww on the critters. I love the third one the best.

    I took a couple of those cookies. Yummy.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you are busy as usual! I'm glad he overeating is over too, time to get back to normal. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are still in holiday mode here - Grandson Noah is here. We're also getting all the grandsons and parents together this weekend so our "normal" begins next Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !