22 Nov 2019

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

On Monday I recovered from our wonderful 50th Wedding anniversary in the city hall, then in the restaurant and at the end at home.



I had put our gifts and the beautiful flowers I have got from my son on a table. I was too lazy to do anything, and sat on the sofa and put all photos I had got from different people together. I just relaxed and looked at the pictures. They were all so nice.



The beautiful vase I had got from the city, I transferred to a lamp, I put a Christmas light garland inside and it looks beautiful when it is dark.

We had also celebrated the 9th birthday of Toby our grandson, who was happy with the gifts he got. I had bought him this sweater and he had asked for a Nintendo Switch game Fifa 2000



He showed me how it worked, but I only saw little red and white flees running on a football field behind a dot. He asked me for the password of our internet and I was a bit surprised that he knew that you need a password. But as a well educated grandma I asked first his Daddy if I was allowed to let him on Internet. We ate the birthday cake and then they returned to Amsterdam.

I spent the next day with sorting out all photos there were a lot and I put them in different files.



I came to the conclusion that I had more fun at our 50th wedding anniversary then on our wedding, organized by my father who had invited mostly his colleagues, and we didn't know half of them. I had the impression this day that I was in a theatre play. Here at least we were with our friends and everybody really had a lot of fun.

Myriam had discovered a new restaurant in Waterloo, a Lebanese one and as we love to try out things we don't know we went there and it was real good.

It was a buffet "all you can eat" absolutely delicious a lot of vegetables and not too spicy ! We really enjoyed it.

We were full when we came out, did a little (very little) window shopping and then returned home, it was very cold and not nice to walk outside.



The Lebanese restaurant with Myriam and Nicole in front.

I am sorry if I mixed up the days, I forgot to mention our Scrabble on Monday at Myriam's where oh miracle I won !! That was the second time since we have started our Scrabble club.

And of course I also have been to my aqua gym, the last time for a few months, with my COPD disease I have days where breathing is a bit difficult. I will wait until it gets warmer again. I don't want to get a Bronchitis neither !

Tomorrow I have to drive Mr. G. to the hospital he gets a cataract surgery !





more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

10 comments:

  1. A week you will always remember. That was a clever way of using the vase at this time of the year. I like lebanese food as it is not spicy so I would have enjoyed that restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun!!!! And happy Anniversary !!L

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Christmas lights are beautiful in your vase!
    Congrats on your win on the scrabble game :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 50th anniversary celebration looks like it went so well! Funny that it was more fun than the wedding. Belated happy birthday to Toby. Congratulations for winning at Scrabble! The Christmas lights are so pretty.

    Funny how life is full of ups and downs: celebrations one day, surgery another. I hope Mr. G's surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to Mr. G on the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suppose Toby just checked for wifi and discovered you have a password, and most home wifi would have passwords to prevent theft of your allowance or bandwidth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the Scrabble and the vase looks very pretty with the lights. I hope Mr G's cataract surgery went well. Keep warm and well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope by now your husband’s cataract surgery is all done and that he’s recovering quite nicely.
    So glad your anniversary party went well. So glad it was an enjoyable time. And what an added bonus that you got photos from people. Isn’t it amazing how fatiguing a party can be?
    You are such an adventuresome person regarding food. I’ve never been to a Lebanese restaurant but I would like to. The other night my daughter and I went to an Ethiopian restaurant. The food was so delicious. My mouth still waters when I think about it.
    Congratulations on winning at scrabble.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope Mr. G is doing well after the cataract surgery. I have had both eyes done, and it's really not so difficult. And he will be able to see better!
    What an amazing time you must have had at your 50th anniversary celebration! You both look radiant.
    And Happy Ninth Birthday to your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun the celebrations look! And a big happy birthday to your Grandson. He sure is growing up fast! And we must take note of your Scrabble win! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !