18 Oct 2019

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

The weeks are flying by so fast that when it is Monday it's already Friday, I think it is because every day I do the same thing, or nearly.

As usual we had our Scrabble game and I was fourth out of five, but close to the third. What an event ! Of course now it's finished to play outside and we were at Mireille's who has the big black dog Tosca. As we all have cats and no dogs she was very interested in our handbags but of course even more in the cake. Mireille had gotten the results of her eye test and unfortunately her Macula got worse and now she can see only to 25 % on one eye and nearly nothing but shapes and fortunately colors on the other. She never complains, does the best paintings and always wins at Scrabble ! Really I admire her.


These are her paintings

I had to go to the hairdresser who had big worries about her baby girl because it doesn't want to sleep and during the whole procedure of hair cutting I listen what she had to complain and tried to give her hope for the future. Fortunately she didn't put her worries in my hair and I was satisfied with my hair cut.

My friend Ilona has a new cat,  a ginger one named Dorie It had been a while that I hadn't been visiting her. Unfortunately the new cat which apparently is beautiful remained invisible so I didn 't see her and of course I couldn't take a picture. We chatted about Greta, climate, Trump, Johnson and the Brexit, and had to realize that we couldn't do anything anyway but finding funny things about them and laughing. It's already funny that Johnson and Trump look like twin brothers and have the same big mouth.

Our "renovated" painting class has two new members and a new fresh wind blows through the class and motivates all of us. We have changed the tables and seats so that we have 3 distinct groups. One learning different techniques, one who just paint for pleasure and knew already what they are doing and then those who do the pouring, which is a quite dirty thing, needs a lot of paper, so the old News Papers  are very useful again.



Our three group class


and my new painting which has now to dry.

After class to celebrate our renewed seating system we went for lunch in a Moroccan Restaurant which is really excellent. We had a lot of fun and I am sure the guests wondered who the heck these noisy old girls were !



The mint tea was served in the traditional way, but I suggested the waiter to climb on a chair to be a bit higher and try to pour the tea in the cup !








more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

9 comments:

  1. You talked about Trumpet? Not for long I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother had macular degeneration and sadly there was nothing they could do to improve her sight. Your friend does so well to still manage scrabble and the painting class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the painting group is doing well. Sometimes when a leader moves on things can just fall apart but you seem to be going from strength to strength. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to be feeling much better than last week--I'm so glad! It's good the painting class is getting along well with the change of leadership and new ideas. I'm sorry about your friend's eye situation. She has such a great attitude. I got a haircut this week, too. None of my usual people were there, and I didn't know either of the two ladies working when I went in. Thankfully everything came out ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some cats are just very shy. It may be a long while before she comes out to see strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Art Classes and the following lunch sounds like good fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It actually scares me that our ugly so-called President and Johnson look and act alike. Is somebody cloning these evil monsters? ..... your weeks always sound like lots of fun to me... you might do certain things on the same day of each week, but each time is different from the last and you always have laughs and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always have so much fun every week!
    I love your Scrabble days and your painting days.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to try a Moroccan restaurant! Love the way they pour tea!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !