12 May 2019

WEEKEND MAY 11

Saturday my neighbour, friend and nurse went with me to visit Mr. G. She was surprised that he looked so much better now !



Between the first and the last picture there are exactly 6 weeks ! He can walk now with crutches and has to do his exercises each day.  Finally we spent a nice afternoon because all what I don't know about health service, hospitals, doctors, and how they work my friend knows and patiently explained everything to him. So I think he is feeling better and both of us "ordered" him to have the hairdresser come and cut and wash his hairs ! It was about 4.30 we had to return home, because there was a gardener expecting my neighbor.

The weather was quite good, but he is not yet allowed to go outside alone, only with a nurse. Maybe next time we can have a coffee in the nice restaurant of the clinic. Finally we can see the end of the dark tunnel !

On Sunday was Mother day and as my son lives in Amsterdam, I got a phone call and my friend Myriam's son had to call her secretly because his wife doesn't like her mother in law ! Sometimes there are real sad situations. She never sees her grandchildren either (7 and 9) because their mother has talked so badly about her, that they probably think she is a monster.

We tried to make the best out of the day, went to a restaurant where we had a delicious Tikki Marsala chicken followed with strawberry cream and coffee and went then to a nearby little village to see a orchid exposition in an old mill dated from 1226 !!



The mill is open for visitors only all two years, because as it is so old it is dangerous for the floor. Myriam was a bit worried because there were holes in the floor. The whole inside of the mill was decorated with beautiful orchids which I will show in a separate post. Besides the mill was a castle, but private and we couldn't get in, followed by the church and next to the church a Brasserie where you could have your beer after the mass. We didn't go into the church preferred the Brasserie which also was very old and as we could sit outside we enjoyed our drinks on the terrace.

So Mother Day passed by and when I dropped off Myriam at her home, she asked me to come in because she had a frog (a very fat one) in her swimming pool, and wanted me to help to get it out from the tube it was sitting in. I didn't want to see the poor frog, maybe he had found the way out alone and was now swimming in the pool, she had told me there are special tweezers to catch them and that they scream, although it doesn't hurt and once the frog caught he hops away. I preferred to go home to my cats !

9 comments:

  1. Good to Mr G is improving. A swimming pool in Waterloo! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound sad that your friend son had to call his mom in secret. Sound like someone needs to grow up.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  3. That old mill looks interesting. You always manage to find good places for your meals out and coffee stops. How said your friend's son cannot defend his own mother in front of his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a good Mother's Day for my sister. Her younger son is Divorced now and he made a special lunch for her himself at his new place. His former wife did not like my sister, despite the fact that my sister was so good to her and so helpful, babysitting both of the children for free from birth until they went to school full time.
    My day was quiet as I had seen Mandy last weekend, but Jack and I enjoyed a nice meal and he bought me flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thrilled to read that Mr G is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad Mr. G seems to be feeling better!
    Frogs have been making appearance around here as well. I sure prefer to come home to my kitties :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow … that does look like a change for the better for Mr. G! Nice to see. But now I’m wondering if your friend found the frog still in the pool or hopefully it hopped out before it got the tweezers treatment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its great to see Mr G on his feet but he has lost weight. Sorry to hear about Miriam's sad family. I have a friend in a similar situation.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !