24 Aug 2018

FRIDAY's FAV FIVE



Since yesterday evening I am back from my Northern Explorer roundtrip ! We drove around 5700 km (3540 miles) and I walked (!!) 177 km (109 m) during these 3 weeks ! I think I have walked enough for the rest of the year !!

This week we visited Warsow and Poznan (Poland) and then Berlin with a 2 h stop in Hannover (Germany)for lunch. Our tour leader called little stops "comfort stops" I found this a very nice expression and will go in the future to my comfort room !

Here are a few pictures of Warsowie, Poznan and Hannover. I feel a little overwhelmed of all what I had seen. It was such a nice and interesting trip and our group was perfect, always in harmony and no disputes at all.



Warsow had become a nice town, but was a bit impersonal




I really loved Poznan where we only spent two hours, but it was a lovely quaint town with lot of fairy tails. We had a good lunch there too.




of course Berlin was something very special ! A town which never sleeps, where past and present go well together without being oppressive, which hasn't been the case in Warsaw. Berlin is full of people of all nationalities. Although a very modern town with only a few old buildings left, as it had been destroyed nearly totally during the WWII, it is full of charm and life and doesn't look ugly at all as so many other towns with ultra modern buildings



And finally a "comfort" stop in Hannover, which was also a lively city, but I didn't see very much only the main place at the station. We hadn't much time as we had to drive to Amsterdam, but it still gave an overview of the city.

We finally arrived in Waterloo around 7 pm and this was the end of our tour. Yesterday morning we had a good bye breakfast and then everybody left in all directions, or to continue another trip or go home because the holidays were finished !





12 comments:

  1. What an exciting trip you had. I am not sure I could do all of that walking. I told Jack if we do a trip in Europe I would rather do a river cruise. We could cruise and take short land trips, with small amounts of walking.
    I look forward to hearing more.
    Or, do you have another trip planned?
    I live through your trips now, as mine are very short. (Like to get groceries! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a very full three weeks, Gattina! Thank you so much for sharing some of the pictures with us from the trip! Just lovely. I think Berlin was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has been quite an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! It must be very interesting to see different atmosphere, people, buildings, etc in each city. I like expression "comfort stop" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful trip with lots of memories and photos. It was a blessing that y'all got along so well. I also like the term, "comfort stops" and "comfort room." Wow, you walked a lot! I hope you didn't come home with souvenir blisters.
    Have a refreshing week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to hear you all got on so well together, always a delight when you are travelling together in confined spaces. Looks like an amazing trip, making some wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need to spend some time with your feet up, going through your journal and photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pleased to hear you are safely home and enjoyed the trip. In the small town near where I grew up, there was a Comfort Station, which as I recall was not very comfortable at all. It is the only one I know of called that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would guess our building even the old ones here in United States look old.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a very busy but fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that row of colored buildings! Glad you had a wonderful and the right travelling partners who are in sync and get along is a true blessing and hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I caught up with all of your wonderful trip posts ... sure enjoyed traveling along with you (except for the swollen feet of course); they must have got better after your day of rest since you didn't mention them again... and wow, did you walk the miles!! You saw some amazing sights .... unimaginable to me in a way that you could travel so freely in Russia!! I was surprised it was so modern too.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !