19 Aug 2018

NORTHERN COUNTRIES - RIGA/Latvia-VILNIUS/Lithuania TOWARDS WASSAW/Poland



We stay two days in Warsaw so I had the opportunity to write a bit my "diary".



We stayed again in a beautiful hotel and for the first time in my life, I took a Rickshaw after having visited the very nice and romantic little town.



We were lucky there had been an international peace exhibition with painted bears from all countries in the world asking for peace ! It was really very nice to see what bears all countries had given for this exhibition, I am standing in front of the bear from Benin ! I should have taken Belgium but I liked the red bear.

The next day our bus took us from Riga to Vilnius in Lithuania. I have to say that the landscape in the Baltic countries were very boring. Flat like a pancake and plenty of firs and potato fields. I didn't even see a cow !



But there were also lakes with very nice touristic places. Nearly empty, because not that well known. We had our lunch break at a nice lake in the beautiful sunshine and since we had left Russia the temperatures became warmer and warmer. The place was so nice, I wished I could have stayed there.




Vilnius too was a beautiful town, bigger than Riga but also with a historical city center. We saw some Hare Krishna disciples, which reminded me the 70.

All these towns were very modern, no old rotten cars, elegant shops, and you could pay everywhere with your bank card. For us it was easy because these Baltic countries use Euros. We had thought all prices would be cheaper but besides food and restaurants it was nearly the same as at home.

Next time I will write a bit about Warsaw.









11 comments:

  1. It is interesting that it is the second time you have mentioned where you thought a place would be much cheaper and it hasn't been. I like the look of Vilnius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vilnius is lovely, and I am so glad you enjoyed Poland. I can hardly wait for your report. I loved Poland very much and the people were very friendly and kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you are making me want to visit the "northern countries"! I've always be interested in the Baltic countries.
    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to be having a great time and didn't mention your feet so I'm hoping that means they are better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the peace exhibition with those pretty bears! And lovely rickshaw. It must have been a pleasant ride :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun to ride a rickshaw. I loved the bears such a novel idea for World peace. I must admit I had thought like you it would have been cheaper in these countries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bears are quite a sight to see!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not imagine it to be modern, I assumed Vilnius would be quaint with old but beautiful architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's looking like a great holiday, Gattina!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I do love those bears. Was there one from Malta?

    ReplyDelete
  11. These places looked lovely especially where you had lunch. Glad to see its warming up a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !