1. The week started with sunny but cold weather ! I had to go to the bank to ask for a new cash card, because on mine the chip didn't work anymore. That was very annoying because I never carry a lot of cash with me and I couldn't pay the restaurant so Nicole had to borrow me some money ! I don't know how it is in your countries, but here more and more branches of big banks are closed and employees loose their jobs. We the clients have to line up for special services because there is only one person and wait for hours ! It took not exactly one, but half an hour certainly, and then you have to pay for administration fees ! Banks are thieves ! Not only we have to do their jobs on internet, but also wait for hours like in a little village bakery ! At least there you can chat with the people in a bank they all make sour faces !
2. Of course I had to try the new temporary card, and started window shopping. I had discovered a new boutique which sold clothes in a special style, it all looked a bit vintage and out of the 70th. I found a beautiful red blouse, in cotton with some golden embroidery for special occasions. With the upcoming year's end festivities, I have at least something !
3. It was time again to drive my neighbor to the hospital for her eye shot. This time there was also check up, which I didn't know, so I spent the whole afternoon in this hospital waiting for her. We arrived at 2 and left at 5 pm ! After a while I was fed up and fortunately found a café with internet connection so I could at least answer all comments on my tablet. When you are in good health a hospital is a rather depressive place to stay !
4. Nicole's kitchen is nearly empty, and the new furniture will be delivered end of the month, meanwhile she has to go out for lunch or warm up plates in the micro wave. She has a very nice multifunctional micro wave which she has at least for 4 years but had never used it she warmed up all things in a traditional way. She said she was too lazy to read the notice book, it all seemed so complicated ! So we met for lunch, and afterwards had a coffee in her home. Meanwhile she had read the notice book of the micro wave and found it so easy ! Now she is angry that she hasn't used it before. We had lunch in the Carrefour store, and they have a new service now, they also do take away ! That was ideal for me, I bought a plate for Mr. G. and he was very happy with it !
Both with a full belly !
5. On the 11th we have celebrated our 47th wedding anniversary ! Can't believe it ! Only 3 years to go and it will be half a century that I am with the same man ! I think couples like us, become rather seldom species ! For the occasion I dragged Mr. G. out of the house in "my" Chinese restaurant where he could eat as much as he wanted (all you can eat) and he ate !! With two big bellies we returned home !
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
more participants here at FIVE ON FRIDAY