6 Jun 2016


Since yesterday evening I am back home. Saturday was our last full day in the Ideal Prime Beach Hotel in Marmaris.

We tried to enjoy our last day to the fullest

In the morning at the swimming pool

in the afternoon the beach !

Nicole had to wear her slippers because of the pebbles, but she lost them all the time and finally stuck them in her bathing suit !

Our last evening we spent on the roof terrace of the bar lobby checked our mails and had this wonderful view.

On Sunday we sat for a while at the swimming pool and swam for the last time, before we had to pack and leave our room at noon. We stored our luggage at the reception and had a drink in this cute little tea room.

Then we changed into our civilized clothes for the return flight

in this luxury bathroom at the reception. I felt like in 1000 and one night !

The bus came at a quarter past four to take us to the Dalaman airport which took nearly two hours

Of course we made a 15 min stop in this souvenir shop to allow the tourists to spent their last Turkish money !

Just in front of the airport I saw this little village nestled in the mountains. It looked like a bee nest ! I suppose these are all holiday houses.

Out of the stay in this very beautiful hotel, we have learned that we won't never ever go back to such a tourist factory ! We had only booked because we had this gift check of 500 €, which of course we wanted to use.There was nothing to say about the food, which was very good and for everybody, the rooms modern, the lobbies very nicely decorated, it could have been perfect if !!! there hadn't been such a loud music that even a deaf person could hear and we were all worried to become deaf even the young people ! And that the whole day long from 10 am until 11 pm ! Without a break ! The poor babies and toddlers or people who wanted to do a little nap, it was just impossible without earplugs. The worst was, that the disk jockey loved Techno music and Disco, and your body trembled from the booom, booom, booom. The animation team also thought that we were all hard hearing and shouted in the microphone so that you couldn't understand a single word, not in English, not in Dutch, not in Russian or German ! It was awful  ! I slept the window door closed, earplugs and air conditioning otherwise I wouldn't have slept for a whole week ! Nicole hates air condition and couldn't sleep until the music stopped, but unfortunately then she had the music from the hotel opposite to ours. 

The check in was easy (for once) we only were checked twice and had to show our passport 3 times instead of 5, we hadn't seen a single policeman or a soldier during the whole week we were there.

Coming back to Brussels we were greeted by two heavily armed soldiers with machine guns, what a welcome, it was like a cold shower ! Very romantic ! They should wear civil clothes and not scare people like that !

Mr. G. has survived the week without me and had a nice time too, and cat Arthur and Rosie welcomed me at home.

Apparently it had rained very heavily during the whole week and lots of places were flooded and damaged. Fortunately it seems as if we had brought the sunshine with us, because today the weather looks perfect.


Andrew said...

The village looks very regimented. Do you think the hotel would like to have young people as guests who would enjoy some louder music? The hotel needs to understand who their market is and their musical tastes and the volume of music. Poor Mr G, soaked in rain while you were enjoying sunshine and blue skies.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Gattina - it sounds a noisy place - too touristy .. but still a good break. And the weather has improved ... cheers Hilary

Lady Fi said...

How relaxing!

Anonymous said...

Nicole is quite resourceful to find a place to stash her slippers! It looks like you had a relaxing time, sorry to hear the noise was so bad. Welcome back to the real world! LOL