1. A rather morose week lays behind me. It's still cold, grey and rainy, which takes us all energy and we have no force to do anything. Finally Nicole and I met in the Lunch Garden for a drink to see other walls than ours and talk to other people. Charlie the dog is such a charmer, everybody stops to admire him and then the conversations starts.
2. Easter holidays are still going on, so no aqua gym and painting courses ! There shouldn't be school holidays for vintage people ! Of course some of them are on grandma duties, which is in my group of friends not the case, their grandchildren are grown up and mine lives too far away and hasn't spent holidays alone with grandma and pa yet. If that will ever happen.
I finally could print out my flight ticket to the South of France, fortunately my flight is not from Brussels main airport which is still closed due to the heavy damages of the terrorist attacks, but I will fly from Brussels South. Some warm weather and sunshine will certainly do me good !
3. When I opened the shutters yesterday, I saw that something was going on just across the street.
There were several workers carrying branches and put them in this yellow machine and sawdust was blown in the truck. It was quite noisy and had certainly woken me up !
Then I saw a man on the tree across the street, and another on the weeping willow in our neighbor's backyard. They had done it together to get a cheaper price. I thought my neigbor would have cut the whole tree, but not at all, he just had let it shorten a bit, I see no difference ! Fortunately in case of storm it will fall on his house and not on ours.
4. My friend Chantal and I had invited Ilona for a lunch in "our" Chinese restaurant, to celebrate her birthday. It was real nice and the food as usual excellent. After lunch we really were not up to go home, so we went to the Brasserie "l'Orangerie" behind the farm which used to be the hospital for wounded soldiers during Wellington times at the battle of Waterloo.
And as there is always something to chat, we stayed there for nearly two hours. Chantal lost her car keys and we had to go back and look after them, finally the waiter found them under the cushion of the leather sofa.
5. I checked my summer clothes, I have forgotten what I have, because this weekend I have to see what I will take with me to France. The afternoon I spent with Nicole explaining some computer stuff,