27 Nov 2015

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE


1. It was a real lazy week. I couldn't go out anywhere, first the weather was lousy it was very cold and it rained and then in Brussels everything was closed. The films I had recorded on TV where all starting too late because of the extended News repeating always the same and showing always the same pictures, at least it seemed so to me.

2. I had the intention to finally pull out of the flower pots the faded plants but it rained too much. So it is postponed. A "girl" I knew from Art school called me and suggested to have lunch together which we did. Unfortunately she only talks about her aches and pains and especially about her intestinal problems, which was not really appropriated for a lunch together.

3. Here where I live we don't notice anything about the mess in Brussels, not even more police. Life goes on like usual and we see what happens on TV. My cleaning lady told me that in her area there are lots of soldiers and policemen standing around, freezing and getting wet. Poor guys.

4. As I go on holidays to the Red Sea in Egypt on Monday, I had some shopping to do and then went to Nicole and we talked about our forthcoming holidays. People are teasing us they say we escape the terrorist attacks in Brussels and look for shelter in Egypt. Anyway when your time has come you can even break your neck falling down the basement steps which indeed happened to a neighbor 3 years ago.

5. I drove my neighbor late afternoon to Brussels in the hospital where she gets her monthly eye shot. Besides that there was the usual traffic mess we noticed nothing special. The hospital had only one entrance open but it is a very huge one so we first didn't even realize that the entrance in the back was closed we saw it when we returned home. We didn't see any policemen or soldiers only people in wheelchairs. In the evening news our prime minister announced that the terrorist level was now reduced to n°3 and his usual blabla, the only thing which interested people was if the Brussels Christmas market would be opened, I think otherwise there would have been a revolution, the storekeepers and the restaurants etc had already suffered enough !









more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

9 comments:

  1. ha ha. Good on the storekeepers, stall holders and businesses. Damn terrorism cripples whole countries by affecting their economy first! Enjoy your trip to Egypt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gattina ... medical issues at lunch aren't good are they. You must be looking forward to getting away - away from the cold that's coming .. well it is here - happy weekend - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our local Christmas market opened yesterday. Apparently there were tons of people to see the tree being lit and stuff. Mind you, it´s only a small square with perhaps 20 or 30 stalls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been very sad about the world events happening over in Europe and the Middle east. it is just horrible. violence begets violence......how i oray that this war among certain religious extremists will end!!! good luck on traveling to Egypt. you are very brave. we were tentatively planning a trip to London but now.....we may stay here in the good ole USA.......although bad things sure can hallen anywhere as evidenced by our beloved Boston and NYC. But on a better note.....it sounds like you have had a good week despite your rain and added police presence. enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad the alarms and extra security measures haven't filtered down to where you are. Our world is in a sad state. Hope you enjoy your holiday and have great weather and fun times.

    I've been needing to clean up and put away plants and such, too, but just haven't gotten to it. The next week is a busy one - maybe next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My roommate has a good friend who is a policeman in Brussels. These have been extremely high stress for him and his unit who've been on high alert for weeks. I'm sure you'll be glad to see sunshine and be with friends for your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope this atmosphere will stop very soon! Things will be better very soon I hope ! enjoy your trip with Nicole and the nice sunny weather !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why do some older women, my mother included, go on and on about their digestive and intestinal issues, and often at inappropriate times. You will enjoy the warmth of Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure hope things get back to so called normal soon for your country. I can't imagine living under that kind of stress. Enjoy that holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !