29 Jul 2013

ON HOLIDAYS IN EASTBOURNE

Since Friday night I am now in Eastbourne. I arrived Friday morning in London  got rid of my suitcase in the "left luggage"  and took the Bus n° 10 to Piccadilly Circus. Now I know that from ST. Pancras where the Eurostar train arrives the n° 10 takes me in  the city. I love to take the bus because sitting on the top of the bus I have a nice sightseeing look over the streets.



The old St. Pancras building became now a very elegant hotel, and the old Kings Cross station had completely changed and is now very modern. The whole area has changed !



After quiet a long walk I had a drink in this nice pub, before I walked over to Covent garden.



It hadn't changed since last year, the only new thing was a Jacket potato stall, and I was really sad that I just had eaten a sandwich before and wasn't hungry anymore ! It was the first stall selling baked potatoes on the street I have ever seen.



At 4 pm I took the train to Eastbourne and took these pictures out of the train window. I had a real nice view over the modern "sky scrapers" of London before we were driving through the beautiful English countryside.



On Sunday we were invited to friends living in a little town near the sea. We had a nice lunch in a Pub and when we got out it unfortunately started to rain. So we spent the afternoon in their beautiful cottage house, had tea and cake and Lilli the dog was happy to have so many people around.

t

Fortunately it rained over night and stopped on Sunday morning so we could go to the Ringmer Country Show. We had a lot of fun, I ate my jacket potatoe and we watched a horse and owl and falcon show. We walked around, but didn't buy anything. Lots of people were there and everybody was enjoying the show.



Late afternoon we returned but stopped underway in this beautiful Pub to have a drink. We sat outside in the garden and enjoyed the sunshine.

We all were quiet tired when we finally came home ! What a nice start into my holidays !

10 comments:

  1. Ah at least you had your baked potato at the fair! We never got to Covent Gardens and I regret it. Enjoy your stay with your friends. (((Hugs))) Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. St Pancras is very nice. I look forward to seeing Kings Cross next year. Sounds like you are having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds wonderful (especially the jacket potato) and Lilli is such a lovely dog.
    I enjoyed your photos very much.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you stopped holidaying Gattina lol
    Glad you are having fun.I love the horse. The flowers and scenery is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure like the way you have your picture laid out. I'm sure hoping by labor (first part of September) I should be back doing the photo hunt.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy yourself. I would love to be in England right now because it is sooooo hot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gattina .. lovely photos you've managed to take .. and so pleased you enjoyed the Ringmer show ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely delightful and beautiful collage photography!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great vacation you are having! Even the rain only comes when it is convenient!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love London and looking at your photos reminds me of how much I love it and miss it!Enjoy your holidays Gattina!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !