10 May 2013
FRIDAY's FAV FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. My week without Mr. G who is on holidays in Italy, started with garden work !
I went with Dominique to buy more flowers to plant into the pots standing on the bark in front of the house. We then had a little lunch in our favorite Greek restaurant and started both working in our yards in the afternoon.
and while from time to time I made a little break, Oscar, the robot mowed the lawn ! How pleasant to watch without doing nothing !!
When I had finally finished, I was quiet happy with the result !
I even found a new use for an old plastic cat basket, put earth in it and used it as pot on our little grave yard where all our animals are buried.
2. The weather was beautiful and I met with a friend I hadn't seen for a long time to have lunch together.
We choose a nice restaurant where we could sit outside, unfortunately we were not the only once who had the same idea. The place was packed, the service lousy, I had to call the waiter several times and the food was not good either, quiet unusual as I am not belonging to difficult clients. I can't even say that I enjoyed lunch together with her very much, as she only talked about her different booboos, and nothing else. She has changed so much and had really become an old grumpy woman.
3. Two of my flower pots had broken because of the unusual cold weather and I had to buy two new once. Instead of continuing my garden work, I landed up at Nicole's whom I had met in the same store !
She was together with another friend and we had a coffee and lots of chats together in her flat. As besides the cats nobody had to be fed, I stayed there until 7pm !
4. Her neighbor Simone (86 !), called me for help with her computer, she just had learned to use it, but had mostly forgotten everything and panicked because she couldn't read her emails. I helped her out explaining again, and she was very happy that she could use her computer again.
As I was already there, Nicole too had a problem. She had no internet connection ! I checked, and indeed there was no WiFi connection ! She had this already before so we took the laptop and wandered around in her flat and yes, sometimes the WiFi worked and then died again !
We put it back on her desk, and ... it worked !
Then suddenly while she opened Firefox, it didn't work again ! And then we found out the most strangest thing ! When she put her hand besides the computer, Wifi was off, when she took it away it worked again ! Have you ever had a case like this ?? It was really incredible, and she just intended to call a technician of the Internet connection service ! When we had checked several times with our hands, we bursted out in laughter and now she knows why her Internet connection didn't work !
5. Together with Nicole and Ilona we had decided to go for a walk through the La Hulpe Park which is almost an annex to Waterloo. So we met at 2.30 and started our walk through the woods !
A friend of Nicole came along too so we finally were 4 plus Charlie the dog of course. We had a lot of fun !
There was a kite competition going on in the huge park in front of the castle.
After a long walk through woods and the park we stopped at the little Restaurant to sit down and have a drink. The place was packed, it was sunny but still a little cool.
At 5 pm we were standing in front of our cars, hesitating what to do now to end this nice day and I had the idea of my life, being on holidays in my house, I invited them all for a Pizza (which I always have in the freeze) !
We first had an aperitif and Dominique came over too, brought another pizza and chocolate mousse and we had a very funny time. Charlie the dog inspected the garden, the cats didn't bother, Charlie is a good dog, he first sniffed in the whole house, met Arthur who just opened an eye and continued to sleep on the cat tower. The others had a look on this sweet monster and then disappeared. It was the first time that Charlie came into our house, and he behaved perfect with my 4 cats !
Finally around 10 pm they left and I thought what a wonderful day it was, especially because this morning we had no plan at all !