18 Mar 2013

WHAT DID YOU DO THIS WEEKEND ?



Helps you to remember what you have done on the weekend of March 16. If you participate please put the little logo on the top of your post and leave your link.



As Nicole and her 82 year old neighbor had some troubles with their computers, this time Mr. G. came along too, because in computer cleaning and other technical stuff I am a zero ! He connected a printer to Nicole's computer and then we went to Simone, were he started cleaning the computer, but after nearly 2 hours not even 25 % had been cleaned. I then showed her how to answer emails and meanwhile her brother with wife came along and brought a mouse ! Simone's grandpa was a very famous painter and on her walls hang a real fortune as the prices of these painting vary from 30.000 € (39000 $) to over 100 (130 $)  and more ! She has a cozy very huge apartment with full of antiques, but also loves stuffed animals which sit in a basket (above picture) ! We had a glass of wine and spent a very nice afternoon with all of them.



On Sunday morning I had my little "chat" with Toby, but he wasn't so much in a chat mood ! He has learned the word "No" by now and uses it with pleasure ! I couldn't keep his attention for long although I showed him a book with animal pictures, he preferred to walk away with his legs in two boxes ! Maybe it will be the fashion for the hopefully once upcoming spring !

After that, as it was not raining at least I went to the market in Brussels,



and had my coffee in this Café as usual, it's a real melting pot in there, locals together with all other nationalities ! People were even sitting outside in this cold weather !



I also admired the huge Moroccan cooking pots to make Couscous and the Raclette and Pierrade appliances.



On my way home I took a picture of the "Porte de Hal" a remain of Brussels' city wall. As you can see the weather was not inviting to go out for further adventures, so I stayed home the rest of the day.

8 comments:

  1. I hope the weather cheers up soon. Toby has now entered the "Terrible Twos". Expect him to start being bossy and wanting his own way most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am admiring the beautiful chest of drawers in your friend's apartment. Is it an antique piece?


    Mr G is quite a handy man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it is Spring now. But when I see your photos of the white snow, I am puzzled. Still Winter in your country?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekend sounds a lot better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a very lazy weekend too. I just read and watched TV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My computer could do with cleaning out too, I think it's full of cat hairs.
    Wish I could wear boxes on my feet like Toby' it looks so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Computers can be such a pain sometimes. It's nice if helpers jump in to lend a hand, especially to elderly people.

    Toby is at an age when they develop a mind of their own, so it comes as no surprise that the word 'No' is widely used. It'll pass. Maybe he really sais 'Non, en français.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !