2 Dec 2011
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. The week started with sunshine although it was quiet cold, which made me creative and I started with the Christmas decoration. I emptied my "seasonal" basket, taking out its autumn decoration, put it in a plastic bag for next year and created our Christmas basket.
The result is here. It took me quiet some time until I was satisfied with the result. Now if you ring the door, the first thing you see (besides myself) is this basket.
2. Unfortunately I had to return with cat Rosie to the vet, because she walked again on 3 paws. I have to give her 4 more shots, but it is already better. After the vet I had lunch with a friend and we chatted about the forthcoming year's end holidays.
3. On Wednesday I asked Mr. G. to bring up the suitcase in which I had put all Christmas decorations. It's a big suitcase which we don't use anymore so at least it is useful for something. Then it stood there and I waited for some inspiration.
4. Which finally came the next day and I spent the whole afternoon with decorating and loved it !
on the dining table
the open fire
on a cupboard
The crèche is on the side table. This year nothing is mising, last year a king had disappeared.
on the little table I had put the advent wreath, I have kept the German tradition 4 candles represent the 4 Sundays before Christmas and each Sunday you light one more. Next Sunday two candles will burn.
a closer look
I put balls and garlands in our plants
and angels and another crèche on the top of the TV set.
Now I am happy that my decoration is done ! Mr. G. still caughs that the walls tremble, and still feels lousy, he hasn't really appreciated my efforts yet. I am sure if I would have decorated the house with potatoes and persil he wouldn't even have realized.
Some decorations in details, Arthur doesn't care about angels ! Apparently they make him sleep.
5. After painting class I just went to buy food for my cats, there were so many people in the shops it was awful ! Fortunately I didn't have nothing special to buy. The Christmas gifts I have already ! I make a stock of gifts the whole year, so I don't have to run in the last minute, and I don't have to plunder our bank account in December I do it the whole year long !