30 Sept 2011
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. We finally have summer and after my acqua gym on Monday I took my book and lay in the garden enjoying the sunshine. It was 25°C (77) a real nice temperature. And while I was laying in the garden I washed the dishes of the whole week at the same time i.e. the dishwasher did it for me ! great invention !
2. I needed some plants for the front yard and wanted to go to my usual garden store, but then I had to change my plans because the road was closed completely. While reparing a pipe acid had come out injured 3 workers who had their lungs burnt and even 3 firemen. As I was near Ilona's I stopped there for a chat and we took a sunbath.
3. My book was finished and I went to my bookshop which only sells second hand books and they have a large choice of English and German books because in normal bookshops you only get French books. In the afternoon I went over to Dominique with the fabric I had bought to cover our dining room chairs and she cutted it for me ino 6 square pieces. As there was a pattern, I didn't know how to cut, I am really ignorant when it comes to sewing !
4. With this warm weather the grass grew faster then usual at this time and I had to mow the lawn, and as it was so nice to be outside I also cut the ivy which had invaded our terrace.
part of our hedge is out of ivy, but it loves to grow everwhere where you don't need it. I had as usual a little helper who inspected my work. We have to put the garden waste in paper bags we have to buy in the city hall ! If you have a very big garden it becomes quiet expensive to get rid of all the grass and weeds.
5. After painting class I went with a friend to our Asiatic restaurant which had been completely redecorated and the terrace had been enlarged. It just looks beautiful although it was already nice before the transformation, unfortunately I forgot to take pictures. We ate outside of course in the shade under a big tree. It was even more hot today nearly 30° (86 F) !! Not bad for end September !