23 Sept 2011
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. I certainly cannot say that this week had any favorite day, except Monday with my acqua gym group, we had a lot of fun as usual. We were joking about the clowns who are supposed to form a government and we came to the conclusion, that they all should be replaced otherwise in 10 years there will still be a Belgium without government ! It's just like discussions between deafs !
2. I visited Ilona who is still stuck with her broken toe, and left her early at 4 pm, because I had to go with cat Arthur to the vet. Since a few days he doesn't eat and behaves strangely. I took the highway because it's quicker and found myself stuck in a 20 km long traffic jam, and instead of 20 min it took me 2 h to arrive home ! The reason was a truck which had hit another car fell on one side and as it was loaded with chicken they escaped from their cages and were running around everywhere on the highway ! A friend of mine watched this incident out of her window and said it was just unbelievable all the people running behind the chickens to catch them. It took 4 h until the highway was usuable again !
3. Sorting out and filing pictures and blogging helped me through the day, I was so worried about Arthur and waiting for the blood test results. Finally I got a call from the vet that apparently he has nothing very serious.
4. Big discussion in my painting group about cat and dog diseases, and all kind of suggetions of what I should feed Arthur to get his appetite back. I really felt comforted. The afternoon I spent with my neighbor Vivienne, who informed me about everything what was going on in the neighborhood, fortunately nobody died, divorced, or had other troubles, besides with their kids at school.
5. I nearly caused some accidents coming back from the vet, because after Arthur had got a shot against infections, I let him out of the cage and sit free in the car. Of course he went to the back sat there and looked out of the window, washed himself from top to tail and was admired by the cars behind and besides me and the people on the side walks. I felt like the chauffeur of a star with so many attention !
I stopped to take this picture !
At home he gobbled down a full bowl with minced meat in which I had added an egg, so we were happy that for the first time since nearly 3 days he ate !