26 Aug 2011
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE - Guests
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. With Claudie's visit I had a very busy week !
Just before their arrival our "new" garden was ready ! The bushes had become so high that we had to cut it often otherwise you couldn't get through to the entrance. Being both lazy we decided to cut off everything and put some flowers.
2. After a nice weekend, the weather changed and as it rained I decided to take them to one of our big shopping malls in Brussels.
Where both found everything they wanted. Melissa mostly needed clothes as all young girls do.
3. After a thunderstorm it lightened up and we finally could go to the Atomium which is about 20 km away from Waterloo.
While I waited in the little café they both went up to have a wonderful view over whole Brussels.
Then I showed them also the King's castle and we did a little sightseeing tour while driving back home.
4. The next day we went to the Waterloo city center to a second hand book shop, where Melissa found books for her studies and also some novels and Claudie one she needed too. These books are in very good shape and very cheap and you can buy everything even specialized books. They spent nearly 1 1/2 h in this shop, I have to say I didn't realize either. After that we had a drink and I showed them the two shopping galleries of Waterloo, which are very posh and the prices too !
5. The last day arrived and I drove them to the station. It had been such a nice week with them.
I drove back with a little melancolic feeling but was brought down to earth quickly, because when I came back the painter was waiting to paint two awful looking radiators !