1 Jul 2011
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. The week started rather sad, I had the blues I was still half in Istanbul ! I wasn't the only one, my friend Dominique too. That's what we told each other with a cup of coffee over the hedge. Fortunately we had our acqua gym and afterwards 4 of us had lunch together and talked about our holidays, one had been in Sicily and the other at the French Riviera.
2. We also had to sort out our bills, Dominique had payed the total of what we had spent in the hotel in Istanbul and in the heat of 30 ° (86 F) without a breeze, under our Pergola, we did our accounting drinking the fresh cold apple tea from Turkey. I had bought a little more than 1 kg (2.2 lbs) ! It has a completely other taste than the apple tea I get here from Lipton's or other brand marks.
3. I went food hunting, the fridge was nearly empty although Mr. G. had bought cheese and fruits. The rest of the day I was busy with sorting out my about 1000 pictures !
4. After the hottest day ever in Belgium at this time of the year 38°C (100 F) still without the slightest breeze, I was locked inside and tried not to melt. I continued with my photos. During the night we had a heavy thunderstorm with hail which caused damages in some regions and also some flooding. Fortunately we had nothing, our house sits on a hill !
5. After a market study in the morning about a new GPS on both Internet and shops in Waterloo, I think I found one which would suit me for my purposes and so I know what to ask for my birthday ! The afternoon I went with Dominique to our neighbor friend Vivi to report our trip adventures in Istanbul and also to bring her this beautiful hand painted bowl.
Now I regret that I didn't buy one for myself ! She updated us of all "News" in the neighborhood, and we were so busy with chatting that we didn't realize that the time was flying by until Mr. G. called me on my mobile to tell me that supper was ready !! We had to laugh that we hadn't looked on the big clock standing on a sideboard which rang all 15 min the "Big Ben" music and that it was already 7 pm !