27 May 2011
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. Acqua gym on Monday morning was as always fun ! We are such a nice group. At one moment the "boss" showed up and asked us to be a little less noisy, because she was busy with Yoga meditations and our laughter disturbed ! I complained about me right arm, some exercises reminded me that I had carried my 8 kg (18 lbs) heavy grandson Toby and my muscles weren't used to such weight lifting.
2. I bought a new cat to watch over our mail box and the flower pot,
somebody had stolen this cat sculpture and I was very angry about it. Nobody ever stole something in this street and all the garden gnomes of my neighbor are still sitting in their front yard !
This is the new one, not exactly the same, and this time I will cement it, my friend Ilona helps me she can do everything. On my way back we had a cup of tea together. I had brought my little Notebook with me to show her the pictures I had taken of Toby the giant, she said he looks like a one year old boy.
3. The weather is still like summer, apparently these temperatures and sunshine had never happened in Belgium since the weather station was created in 18 hundred something ! Armed with a book and suncream I did a little sunbath, only for half an hour then it became to hot and I moved in the shade.
4. I spent some time on Internet to look for an itinerary when I go to my friends in Eastbourne end of July, I want to combine my holidays with them with a stay in Oxford to visit this interesting town, which I had never seen. I want to take the bus from London to Oxford, because I think I will see more from the landscape and then go from Oxford to Eastbourne by train.
5. I had to drive my neighbor Vivienne to the clinique in Brussels, once a months she gets a shot in one eye to avoid that she is getting blind. Fortunately it works well, so she takes it easy and after the doctor we had a coffee together and she said that I am her guide dog, I protested and said I am rather her guide cat.