7 Aug 2009

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE



Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts a “Friday Fave Five” in which we share five (not necessarily) favorite things from the past week. Visit her blog to see other participants.

1. I had heard in the news that this year mussels are especially good in Belgium and mussels with french fries belong to the traditional belgian kitchen.

I wanted to check if it was true and with a friend I went to a very nice restaurant in Waterloo and effectively the mussels were real good ! The weather was sunny and warm and we could eat outside, which is always a plus too.


2. I also went on some photo hunting through several residential areas here and in my little collage you can see a street with a lot of trees, hiding big mansions with tennis places and swimming pools.

3. I helped my friend Ilona to put up a sun tent and we were really very proud that we had done it all alone without the help of a man. Unfortunately after a short but very windy thunderstorm the tent had blown away and was broken, we hadn't fixed it strong enough. Apparently we still are weak women.

4. As usual I also went swimming three times this week in the swimming pool of my fitness club.


But before that I mowed the lawn, which is not very big and Kim loves the smell of freshly cut grass.



5. Here is my working place in our garden, with my little secretary. The ombrella helps to better see the screen. Otherwise it would be too light.

I also collected 4 mouse corpses in 5 days in our house. The serial Killer was cat Rosie (my secretary) but this really didn't belong to my fave fives _

Next friday I probably have more to share, because on Monday I go to the UK at the English coast to my friend Anne and I will probably also sit there in the garden but then with seagulls flying over my head.

6 comments:

  1. What a great week you had. I love mussels. pffft...see why you need men LOL. Excellent my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great week, Gattina, and your plans for next one are even better!! are you packed already??
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you finally had mussels did you?!! LOL!
    Your working space in the garden looks lovely, and you are very resourceful! That umbrella is a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy the wide variety of things you get to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mussels, too and I also love the smell of freshly cut grass...mmmmm. You have a nice little spot outside in the sun, the umbrella is a good idea to keep the sun off your screen, otherwise who knows what could come up in your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so envy you, getting to travel to a different country for your short breaks.

    Do enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !