2 Apr 2009
THURSDAY THIRTEEN - Funny Gardening quotes
As in my part of the world spring finally shows up, I thought about
13 Quotes about gardens
1. My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant's point of view.
2. Gardening requires lots of water - most of it in the form of perspiration.
3. What a man needs in gardening is a cast-iron back, with a hinge in it.
4. There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling.
5. Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.
6. Weather means more when you have a garden. There's nothing like listening to a shower and thinking how it is soaking in around your green beans.
7. God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done
8. Don't wear perfume in the garden - unless you want to be pollinated by bees.
9. Plant carrots in January and you'll never have to eat carrots.
10. Unemployment is capitalism's way of getting you to plant a garden.
11. You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt of your garden
12. Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise.
13. The best way to garden is to put on a wide-brimmed straw hat
and some old clothes. And with a hoe in one hand and a cold
drink in the other, tell somebody else where to dig.