18 Jan 2009

WEEKLY WINNERS - Buddah exposition


More participants here at Sarcastic Mom Weekly winners

Last week I visted an exposition of Buddhist art in Brussels.The buddahs exposed were mostly from Korea, India and Japan. They look completely different to those I am more used to : the fat smiling chinese buddah.

Of course it was strictly forbidden to take any photos. But as usual I am a paparazzi trainee and who would think that an old lady doesn't respect rules ? I am very proud of the results because it is not easy to smile at a buddah and at the same time hope that I shot in the right direction with my camera hidden in my sleeve.

Photobucket
At the entrance we were greated by this enormous buddah

Photobucket

Photobucket
These are rather small once

Photobucket
Risking my life I took this picture of a dragon, because there are some dragon friends amongst my blogfriends ! (Melli for example !)

Photobucket

These figures weren't buddahs I think it represented souls

Photobucket
This statue is very old I have always loved statues of these dog guardians

Photobucket

At the end of the exposition a vietnamese artist had exposed his work ! Rice bowls !


9 comments:

  1. Interesting pictures and taken with the camera in your sleeve yet. Good job
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sneaky...you are to be commended and I award you The A1 Papparazzo of 2009 medal!

    BTW what would have happened if you'd been caught? Would you be blogging from jail?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like a really neat visit with some great shots. The bowls look cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha yes, I am well aquaited with the techinques of the forbidden photographer!! I have covered for Renny many times LOL! Lovely pictures, thank you for risking your life and liberty for us (or at least risking being thrown out hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a big fan of Buddhas - but like you I prefer the cute little round guys! These are beautiful though -- and we have some like these down in one of the museums in DC. WE were not allowed to take pictures either ... but of course, I did! ;) We do NOT have that display of RICE BOWLS though -- and I have to tell you - I LOVE THAT! I'm so glad you took that picture! You are a GREAT paparazzi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "OH Gattina, you are NORTY!" But yes you did do a good job of it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shame on you. Camera up your sleeve and sneaking shots.
    We don't want them to take away your camera.
    But you got great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gday Gattina, You were very sneaky hehehe taking these pics with camera up your sleeve glad you didnt get caught otherwise we would never have seen these pics..
    I have a couple of the nice tummy Budda's in my garden..

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're such a spy agent! lol

    I like the rise bowl placing on the floor.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !