13 Quotes about retirement
1. “The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.”
2. “Don't simply retire from something; have something to retire to.”
3. When a man retires, his wife gets twice the husband but only half the income.”
4. “When you retire, think and act as if you were still working; when you're still working, think and act a bit as if you were already retired”
5. “When men reach their sixties and retire, they go to pieces. Women go right on cooking.”
6. Stay busy [when you retire]. If you are going to sit on the couch and watch TV, you are going to die.
7. Don't act your age [in retirement]. Act like the inner young person you have always been.
8. Retirement, when every day is Saturday!
9. Retirement takes all the meaning out of weekends.
10. One of the problems of retirement is that it gives you more time to read about the problems of retirement.
11. Retirement . . . is when you stop living at work and begin working at living.
12. Retirement: The time in your life when time is no longer money.
13. In retirement, I look for days off from my days off