2 Sept 2008

COMPILED NEWS

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

MoD to hold bearskin hat meeting

Bearskin-hatted guardsmen at this year's Trooping the Colour
The Ministry of Defence is to meet an animal rights group to discuss alternatives to the bearskin hats worn by guards at Buckingham Palace. I appreciate ! First, the poor animals, second it must be brain damaging to wear such a heavy mop on once head ! That gives me an idea, why not replace the fur by a deep brown mop ??

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Slice of royal wedding cake sold

This cake was made for the Queen Mother's staff at Clarence House
A large slice of cake made to celebrate the wedding of Lady Diana Spencer and Prince Charles has been sold for £1,000 at an auction house in Gloucestershire. A more than 20 year old piece of cake ! Wow ! I didn't know that cakes are like wine, they get better each year ! This piece must have an esquisite taste !

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Leaking mushroom soup halts plane

Ryanair said the jar held "a vegetable oil/mushroom soup type substance"
A Ryanair plane was forced to land in Germany after a passenger had an allergic reaction to mushroom soup. The soup leaked onto the man from a jar in an overhead locker on a flight from Budapest to Dublin on Monday, the airline said.His neck reportedly swelled up and he struggled to breathe, forcing the plane to divert for emergency medical help. I always say, tomato soup is far better than mushroom soup and then it only looks like blood !

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Letter lottery defines spam load

Choose the right first letter and you could get less junk e-mail
How much spam you get may depend on the first letter in your e-mail address, a study reveals.
The analysis, of more than 500 million junk messages, revealed those letters that get more junk than average. It found that e-mail addresses starting with an "A", "M" or "S" got more than 40% spam. By contrast those beginning with a "Q" or "Z" got about 20%. That's very interesting ! I have to think it over. What should I choose amongst these names ?
QOCHATA
QUIGLEY
QUOVADIS,
QALETAQA.@gmail.com ?

or

ZIPPIDY
ZACCHAEUS
ZDENEK
ZEHUVA@ gmail. com ?


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Cat Yoda has four ears

DON’T worry – you’re not seeing double.
This is Yoda – the FOUR-eared cat.
US couple Valerie and Ted Rock found the kitten with the extra set of ears two years ago and made it part of their family. Despite Yoda’s odd looks Valerie said his hearing is normal and vets have been left mystified by his appearance. Valerie said: “The vet had never seen anything like it before.” Isn't she a cutie ? How lovely my cats would look with four ears ! I am sure they would better listen to me !

8 comments:

  1. The thing is...even though a cat may have extra ears, does that mean it would hear you and actually take notice? I don't think so, somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post, Gattina is amazing!
    Thanks, I will avoid 20 years cake and mushrooms soup, no problem for me.
    Changing the first letter of my blog adress? It seems to be the same way as to play Scrabble! The more difficult is the letter the less we risk to get bad surprise in our mail box! And bad spam-surprises are so many! Especially when you come back home after one month holidays!
    Does this kitty is coming from Tchernobyl? : )
    He is so cute, I thought it was a photomontage. Ours is just like this, but more ordinary, I must admit!
    Thanks to do the journalist for us.
    And to answer to your comment, Gattina, come in Nice area, please, visit these places, don't forget your camera, of course. But I can assure you , you won't need a computer to pass the time. It's true that coming nack home it's a great pleasure to share all these pictures with our blogger-friends. I taook pictures of different skies thinking about you for Sky Watch Friday. Have a nice week.
    I was wondering : you certainly write French too, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cat looks just like my Kitty - only with extra ears... that is sooooo weird! I guess the vets ARE mystified!

    I'm a BIG fan of cake... but I'm thinking that slice has gone stale by now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Yoda is such a cutie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazing that kitty has two different sets of ears! I bet he can hear through walls with no trouble at all. Wonder if he can hear the worms in the ground better than a Robin can?? We're doing lots of backpacking and doing well - hope you and Mr. G. and the fur gang are all doing well too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that Yoda is adorable and I would have kept him in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never did I think about the alphabet for email spam odds.
    Interesting and how true.
    We consider such for phone book advertising...
    Wordless Weds.I will ahve to join in...Love it!
    TJ
    http://tjexpressionsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i thought that was photoshop, that is really an interesting cat. he probably has super hearing capabilities like super man.. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !