5 Sept 2008

SHOW & TELL FRIDAY

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
More participants are here at Kelly's

This week I don't have a lot to show and tell ! All hope for better weather in September is gone ! It's still cold, 17° (63 F) and it rains. It is really amazing that our feet haven't changed into flippers yet. Apparently it is the coldest summer since Nineteen hundred something and I wished we had some global heating, or at least some local !

So I thought I show you the rain drops of which I hadn't taken pictures yet and tried it with macro set.

First the strings I would like to put my socks, pants and bras but there are rain drops hanging instead.






then with leaves. The whole garden looks like an african jungle ! You can't do anything because of the rain !!



Even under the suntent (I wonder why we had put it up ?) it rained on the tray. I can count on my fingers how many times we used this tent ! 6 times in 4 months maybe ?



To chear me up a bit and put some sunshine in my room at least, I hang these flowers on my desk !



and to finish with my macro shots I tried it on sleeping Arthur. The poor guy does 24 h sleeping marathons because it's wet and cold outside. I honnestly consider to do the same next summer !

12 comments:

  1. I love raindrops on things. I don't know why, but I really do! What a cheery yellow blanket your kitty bed has and what a beautiful white fellow next to that RED pillow! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I didn't know Waterloo, Belgium was a mile from Roy, Washington USA, because you have just described our summer here! Fascinating! Oh well, the rain drops are beautiful and you photography them nicely. The rain does make a good excuse for tea drinking, petting cats and reading eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the idea of hanging the flowers on your desk like that! That is very attractive Gattina!!

    And 63 degrees?!!! That sounds WONDERFUL to me. Here, it's only 6a.m. and it's already nearing 80 degrees. I'm ready for fall and winter here----it never gets cold!!! But it's around 65...perfect temps for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know my favorite is Arthur. He is such a fine man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gattina,

    The photos of the raindrops, your home and garden and the beautiful kitty are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful rain pictures. We've been having rain here, too, and cool temperatures and we are loving it.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the rain photos, they are beautiful :)

    My Show and Tell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now Arthur has the right idea!!! I would love to join him up there... too comfy! (And cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here it is not the same! hoter than in july and august! On vit dans la moiteur toute la journée! Mais on ne va pas se plaindre, le soir il fait bon! Arthur is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Arthur is such a sweetheart, i think that's a really good decision to stay home and go to dreamland 24/7 well at least in this bleak, cold weather...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry you are having such a cold summer. Ours are always hot. Most of our falls and springs are hot too. We really just have 2 seasons. It get a little cool around mid november (our Thanksgiving time) And cold in Jan. But the Mosquitoes are back by Feb or March. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are wonderful and I loved seeing your kitties!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !